Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Catz is Catz

Yesterday I showed you some things I've made after using the Letter press plates, craft inks and various types of papers.

I ended up having to cut one of the pieces very close to 6x6, in order to trim off the non-embossed portions, and I thought, hey, why not make a scrapbook page!?

So I sorted thru all the left over photos I have from various scrapbooking efforts and found one picture of each of the three cats, and they became the subject of my page.



I chose a piece of the Love Patterns DSP that was available on the special last month. If you missed that special, you can still get the reds and pinks (along with a lot of other colors!) in the Patterns Designer Series Stacks on page 175 in the big catalog.

There are five different Stacks - one for each of the color collections and another for the "In" colors. They are each $19.95, but have 40 sheets of patterned DSP - lots to play with!

I layered the letter pressed confetti CS to the DSP, then used the Extra Large Decorative Label punch on the photos.

After I punched out the photos, I also punched out 4 more decorative labels in Rose Red CS, as well as one with the large scalloped oval punch.

I cut the red labels in half and mounted them behind the photos, to try and capture the viewer's eye.

The "C is for Cat" set was used for the title, and the little verse, which says "as every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat"...

And it's true, you know! I've always heard you can buy a dog, but you rent cats!

I also mounted the saying on the red designer label punched items that were cut in half, and the "C is for Cats" stamp on the scalloped oval. Then some of the tiny little buttons (aren't they just the cutest!?) from Vintage Trinkets were added to each of them

Before I mounted the confetti CS on the DSP, I applied some Victorian lace crossways on the pressed CS - just wanted to give it a bit of an old-fashioned look. In the end, however, you can just barely spy it peeking out from behind the photos.
























I added the paw print from "C is for Cat" all over the paper, and stamped the silhouette image from that set in black on confetti CS, then covered it with Crystal Effects, in order to make it shiny and create more visual interest.

It's a very simple page - but I seem to be all about simple!

I look at some of the blogs from other stampers and am envious of the creations they post! How DO they think of them?

I start out trying to get to where they got to - and never make it.

BUT, that's OK. We each have our own style and processes, and while we can copy others' creations, when we're back on our own turf, our own style will rise to the top.

Thanks for stopping by - come back again!!

Oh - and don't forget about Sale-A-Bration! A $50 purchase of any of our Stampin' Up! products will get you one free SAB item. Call or email today to place your order!

No comments:

Post a Comment