Tuesday, February 22, 2011

And the Point Is




This is a leftover from Valentine's Day that I haven't shared with you, for some reason.

It's the new Mr. Big die from the Occasions mini called Petal Cone (Item 121810).

This cone was actually made using TWO pieces cut using the die.

I used Cherry Cobbler CS (I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this color! You NEED some!) for the main part of the cone, and then ran some Whisper White CS thru to make the scallops around the top.

The scallop piece is part of the die, but in some instances (like this one), I like the look of another color to give it some pop.

Before I put it all together, I used the "Bliss" stamp set (SAB - FREE with a $50 purchase!) and embossed with white embossing powder. I added some seam binding so I could hang this cone.

And then I stamped a Valentine greeting on a piece of Newsprint DSP, and adhered it to the little banner piece that is also cut on the die.

It's a little too long, so I sort of "furled" it when adhering it to the cone itself.

Wouldn't this make a really cute May Day gift - fill it with small flowers or candy and hang it on someone's door - and then run away! ha ha

Here's a close up so you can see it a little better.


I've been playing around with more than two of these Petal Cone die cuts and came up with something that looks like an upside down lampshade - I thought it would look cute with potpourri in it. Evidently I didn't take a photo of it so I could share it.

I'll post more pix of the things I've done with this die soon.

In the meantime - don't you need this die for YOUR Mr. Big?

Thanks for stopping by - come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment