Thursday, February 17, 2011

Candy Wrappers!

Isn't this cute?

It's made with the Candy Wrapper Bigz L die (Item # 120890 $32.95) which was in the Holiday mini.

I made this one from the Newsprint DSP that's in the Occasions mini and decorated it with hearts punched from the Glimmer Paper (the BOMB!!), also in the Occasions mini. I also stamped the string of hearts that's in the Valentine Defined set from the same catalog before I folded it into its shape.

Even though the die was introduced in the Holiday mini, it is still available to be purchased now. This is one of the carry over items we frequently have.

Most of the time, when you see a punch or a Big Shot die in a mini-catalog, you can be assured it will be available for purchase after the mini expires.

There's a lot of money involved in designing and manufacturing a punch or a die, so it makes sense for it to be available for quite some time after it's introduced.

I used this die a LOT for Halloween, since we were first introduced to it around that time.

I make treats for my Starbucks barristas for holidays - they give me excellent service every day, so I like to let them know that I appreciate it!

Here's a photo of my hand and the die, just so you can have some idea of its size - it's not very big!



This is one of the Halloween boxes I made.

For this one I used the Platinum Shimmer Paint and painted right on the spider web stamp. The paint is water based, so washes right off, once you're done!

And here's a tray full of them... It makes an attractive display, doesn't it?






I've also decorated them for Christmas, Thanksgiving, wedding favors, and the one at the top, for Valentine's day. I'm sure I'll be able to come up with something for Easter, as well - just haven't gotten around to that holiday yet!

Quite a versatile piece of equipment, wouldn't you say? And we LIKE versatile, don't we!!!?

Would YOU like one of these dies? All you have to do is call or email me to order it! And, if you add another item for at least $18 to your order, you'll receive a SAB item of your choice - for FREE!

I'm sitting by the phone awaiting your call!


No comments:

Post a Comment