Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow - Snow - Snow - Snow

Does that title remind you of the movie 'White Christmas'? The one with Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney and Vera Ellen?

They played it a lot this past Christmas season. It's a favorite of mine, so I watch more than once each year. And every time I hear the word "snow" I hear the four of them singing the song 'Snow'...

Well, I know a lot of my friends (both real-time and virtual) are dealing with a LOT of snow these days! I'm sorry. If I could change it, I would.

I moved to San Diego to escape SNOW. I love the fact that I can drive down certain streets, and when there's snow up in our mountains, I can see it from my car, more than 50 miles away!

And I don't have to shovel it, nor drive in it, nor bundle up in 16 layers of clothes and scarves and gloves and boots...

I can admire it from afar - in photos, on the TV and the movies - and I don't have to shovel it, nor drive in it, nor bundle up in 16 layers of clothes and scarves and gloves and boots...

But, having said that, I've been glued to The Weather Channel all day, watching the weather happen in MOST of our country! OMG - it's just amazing.

I'm sure those of you who are living thru the current "storm of the century" (and this one might well retain that title) are right sick of snow by now. It's only the first of February, and already you've had, on average, one big snow storm a week since before it was officially WINTER!

In some sick way, I'm a little envious of you though. You'll have stories to tell for years about this winter. I hope you're taking photos so you can scrapbook these stories, as well.

My brother emailed me his story today - about a huge storm that was passing thru Chicago in 1967. He just happened to be flying into Chicago and on to Peoria at that time, on his way to a job interview. And as he was passing thru airports, they were closing them behind him...

After his interview, he was able to get back to PA on his original schedule, AND he got the job he'd been interviewing for. He said it was a good thing it had all worked out so well for him, because he'd only had about $30 in his pocket and would have been in deep doo doo, if anything had gone wrong.

He was about 22 or 23 at the time. When we're that young, we tend to think nothing of wandering around with NO money - something will always work out, is what we think. And it generally does. Guess our angels keep us on track, huh?

So, all ended well for him with THIS story. I'm sure, if pressed, he has other snow stories that didn't go as well as this one, though.

I've gotten an email from my friend Joanna, who lives in Tulsa, with her story for today.

And I'd love to hear YOUR snow storm story! Leave me a Comment and tell me!

In the meantime, here's a card I got at Leadership, made with the new Blossom Petals punch (Item 121808 in Occasions mini-catalog).

I think it's quite attractive!

The Framed Tulips embossing folder, Wonderful Wings embosslit, stamped on Crumb Cake and Pretty In Pink.

There's a small piece of Newsprint DSP used in the flowers, too...



Thanks for stopping by - come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment