Monday, May 18, 2009

Team Meetings - What FUN!

We had our monthly Team Meeting tonight. I have a small direct DL, so we always meet in my Stampin' Garage - and will, as long as we all fit!

About half the team was unable to make it for various reasons, but those of us who were able to attend had a great time!

This month we did a Shoebox Swap. If you're not aware of what that is, let me explain:

Each of us created a card or other item. We then loaded everything into a shoe box (or similar container) that the others would need to make the item. CS is expected to be cut and ready; the stamps, inks, accessories, and tools should be in the box.

Then, each of us sits down with a shoe box and makes our own copy of the card. Once we're done with that project, we pass the shoe box to the next person, and start the second project. This continues until we're all done with all the projects.

Depending upon how complicated they are and how many of us there are, this can take 1/2 hour - or, as was the case tonight, 1 and 1/2 hours! But we get to chat and exchange ideas while we're completing each other's project - OH - and eat chocolate! Did I mention the chocolate? I mean, what's stamping without chocolate? LOL

Here are the projects we made this evening:


I showed the "raw" sample of this quilted card last week, and decided to "jazz it up" for tonight's shoe box swap. Everyone loved it - and it's a GREAT way to use all those scraps of DSP that keep lingering around.

The DSP was cut into 1 x 1" squares, SNAILd to a piece of Whisper White CS, then put thru the Big Shot using the Top Note die.

All you need to do is make sure the color combos are compatible, if you decide to use more than one DSP.

This sample uses "Walk in the Park" DSP from the Occasions mini-catalog. I used So Saffron, Cameo Coral, and Baja Breeze for the flowers and background, since those colors are through-out the various sheets of the DSP. We die cut the flowers using both an embosslit and a sizzlet.

Oh, and I can't forget those awsome leaves! They were made with Kiwi Kiss CS. You NEED that leaf sizzlet, if you like flowers and your Big Shot. They are perfect with everything! The stamp came from the Hope Happens set. I sure hope they keep that set around for another year!


The idea for this card was CASEd from the latest edition of Stampin' Success, a magazine each demonstrator receives FREE every month. It always has great ideas of how to work your business, how to do a technique, shows some scrapbooking and card making ideas. It also has write-ups on different demonstrators in the company. These are always interesting, since everyone's story is different!

And, just as a reminder - there's an awesome Recruiting Special in effect this month. Only $75 to sign up! Check the sidebar for more information. Then go to my website (http://www.samslimak.stampinup.net) and sign up! The password is "stampwithsam".

This card is made with Tempting Turquoise CS, 5/8" orange striped ribbon, a stamp from A Little Somethin' (Hostess set), and a Ruby Red button, threaded with our linen thread. I also used the Pretty Petals background stamp with Tempting Turquoise ink. I love the tone on tone effect.

The following two cards were made using the Printed Window sheets from the Occasions mini-catalog. There are four different images to each sheet, and you get two sheets in each package.


The a second one was made for one of the gals who recently became a demonstrator and was unable to make the meeting tonight, due to having had foot surgery. When someone signs up as a demonstrator, we try to help them with samples, as well as ideas and other training.

And these boxes are made with the Box #2 Big Shot die. It's a great little box, and so easy to put together! Requires only about 1-1/2 inch of Sticky Strip to keep it together.


On one of them, I used some die cut daisies. On the other, I used one of those awesome watercolored roses that are all the rage these days. Del had already colored and cut them, so it was easy to just attach it with a dimensional, and add a little ribbon.

She actually gave us a number of options for decorating our boxes, which, for me, makes it HARD! I'm a Libra, and making a decision is about the hardest thing in the world!

I'm also including a card I made with the Funky Trees set. I've coveted that set since I first saw the catalog last July, and finally got it last week, so HAD to use it!



I used one of the scallops cut from the Scallop die cut and daubered Bashful Blue around the scallop to make the clouds. I saw it on someone's blog and thought - dang, why didn't I think of that! So, I copied her idea! I also cut another piece of CS to form the hills, and then used some daubers to fill those in.

I hope you saw something posted today that you'd like to duplicate!

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment