Sunday, May 24, 2009

Out in the Yard...

It's a beautiful Memorial Day weekend! I thought I would share some photos of the flowers in my yard this week. So, here we go...

This is an epiphyllium. Isn't it gorgeous? I used to have about 25 different colors of these, but over the years have lost most of them.

There is a whole pavilion devoted to epiphylliums at the San Diego Wild Animal Park, and when they are blooming, it's quite a sight! These come in just about every color combination you can think of, except blues and purples.


This is a spike of Cecille Breuner rose blooms. This is the "sweetheart of Sigma Chi" rose, that's referred to in that old song.


An orchid. I don't know that I've ever known specifically what kind, but it's a very popular orchid in my neighborhood. In the background are some purple/white petunias.


These are some self-seeded lobelia. They're starting to grow everywhere!


Martha Washington geraniums. I have about 4 or 5 different colors of these. Many of the leaves on the plants have an aroma, when brushed up against.

And, of course, bachelor buttons!


This is a geranium that I brought back from my Mom's in Pennsylvania. It's actually a pelargonium, but everyone calls them geraniums.

Geraniums and I get along very well - they thrive under neglect!

I'm pretty hit and miss with my gardening. Some weeks I'm out there fussing with them every day. Other weeks, I barely set foot out there - most of the time, it's only to water, cause everyone's gasping for some.

And finally, what would a post be with out these guys:

Actually caught these guys both sitting still at the same time!

Velvet, flipping her tail! She got a bath today!

I've been debating about a week whether to do it, and today I finally decided she needed it. WAYY too much flea "stuff" down in all that fur! She didn't even fuss much - I think she was relieved to get rid of it! And now she's so soft and pleasant to pet!

Everyone got Advantage tonight, too. Let's hope that helps with the fleas!

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment