Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Travel Log


The other day I mentioned I was working on a project for an upcoming Stamp A Thon.

Well, this is it!

It's a little memory book, made using some products from the upcoming Summer mini-catalog...

I just got my Summer mini in the mail today, so if you've purchased from me in the past year or so, yours is probably on its way, as well...

If you don't get one in the next couple of days, and you want one, give me a holler - I'll be happy to mail one out to you!

Back to the Travel Log...

Summer is vacation time, right?

So, when you're on vacation, you hope to be doing a little traveling, right?

This is a very quick and easy scrapbook for your vacation photos!

It's a 6x6 scrapbook.

I used 3 pieces of 6" x 12" card stock, then folded them in half.

I punched two holes in the center crease, using my Crop A Dile. I just pushed the Crop A Dile down as far from the top as it would go (probably about an inch) and punched the hole. I did the same thing from the bottom.

Then I took a hair elastic, poked it thru the top hole and put a bamboo skewer I'd cut down to 6" thru the elastic.

I did the same thing on the bottom, snagging the bamboo skewer, and suddenly, my scrapbook isn't going to fall apart!

The bamboo skewer is on the outside of the book, the hair elastic is on the inside, but hooking them together creates the binding.

















I covered the bamboo skewer with scraps of ribbon I keep when trimming bows - you know - those pieces that aren't long enough to use for much of anything else! I keep 'em all, you know! hee hee

Once I'd "bound" the book, I started to decorate the inside.

I used the Travel Log and Open Sea stamp sets from the upcoming mini, as well as the Nautical Expedition DSP.

I selected the piece I wanted for my cover and trimmed it to 5-3/4" x 5-3/4". I like a little bit of the card stock to show around the outside.

For the inside, I took each 6" x 6" piece of DSP and cut it into 3 pieces 2" x 6". Then I just glued one to the outside edge of each page.

And, like the cards I showed you the other day, I stamped images on neutral CS, adhered them to embossed contrasting colors of CS, and pretty much, the Travel Log is done.

Except for the necessary photos, of course.

In this instance, I used Confetti White as my neutral CS - the texture just lends itself to an outdoorsy theme.

This would be PERFECT as a memento of a cruise you've taken. Or, maybe a road trip, although the stamps primarily show ships - maybe your road trip took you to the ocean or a large lake where you sailed?

The color combo is Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy, Basic Gray, and Early Espresso. I added Sahara Sand as my neutral for the book pages. Crumb Cake would probably look good, too.

Here are some of the inside pages...

































For the page on your left, I also used the single stamp, Sail Away.

When I create a scrapbook BEFORE I have the photos to go inside, I try to keep the whole thing pretty simple. After the photos are added, you'll look at the whole thing and know where else you might need to add some additional embellishments to jazz it up.

Well, there you have it - a very quick and easy scrapbook!

Hope you enjoyed this project and are anxious to try one yourself. If you NEED any of the supplies I used on this, let me know! They'll all be available for ordering on May 1st!

I've made a couple more (they really ARE simple to make!) and will show those to you another time.

In the meantime, don't forget - the items from the Occasions mini are only available until April 30th! So, if there's something you need, let me know soon!

Thanks for stopping by - come back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment