Thursday, April 7, 2011

Purse Strings



Can you believe these purses are made from the CUPCAKE PUNCH?

Specifically, the Build a Cupcake Punch (Item 121807 $16.95) from the Occasions mini-catalog.

It's true. Look closer...

The body of the purse is actually the bottom of the cupcake on the punch, turned upside down!

Clever, eh?

The top of the purse is made with the 3/4" circle punch (which is cut in half and glued on).

The handle is actually two different sizes of the circle punches.

The trick is to punch out the SMALLER one first, then punch the larger one around it. These are cut in half for each purse, as well.

I'm not sure which DSP she used. It's sometimes difficult to know because even though all of our DSP is awesome, I don't purchase all of it.

And, if you've looked in the catalog, while they do provide samples, they are so small, it's hard to really see the patterns. So, sometimes I guess! Or don't mention it at all... Hee hee

BUT - if you REALLY want to know, leave me a comment, and I'll find out and get back to you!

This was a swap card that Veronica made for our last Demonstrator get together and is just a lovely combination of punched and embossed images.

Great Job, Veronica! Thanks for sharing it with me, so I could share it with everyone else!


No comments:

Post a Comment