Monday, April 11, 2011

And Thank You Again!




Here are a couple more of the thank you cards I'm making for a customer.

I'm really falling in love with putting two textures together on a card!

Doesn't this look great? Both the Perfect Polkadot (Item 117335) and Square Lattice (Item 119976)folders were used on this card, and I think they work very well together.

I also used the Greenhouse Gala DSP for this one. I love those orange flowers!

The "Thank you" is an old one from Posh Impressions.

When Stampin' Up! first started, we used to sell stamps from many different companies. They were all the best ones, though, as you can imagine.

Posh Impressions (Dee Greunig), Printworks (Annette Allan Watkins), and Inkadinkadoo were just a couple of the companies whose products we sold. Our ink pads were made by Printworks for many years, before we went to the exclusive color system we have today.

All three companies are still in business, and I'm sure have lovely stamps and other products!

But those of us who were demonstrators at the time were not happy that the same stamps we sold at home parties could also be purchased just about everywhere that rubber stamps were sold, so Stampin' Up! decided that exclusive items were needed.

And here we are today - strictly exclusive, with our stamps, digital stamp brushes, Designer Series Papers and fantastic ink colors only available from a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, like me!

How'd you like that little lesson of Stampin' Up! history ? Relatively painless, wasn't it?

But back to these Thank You cards.

I mentioned the other day I was pulling all my "thanks", "thank you", etc stamps for this project, which is how the Posh image came to appear on the card above. It was bold, as is the orange flower so they seemed to fit together.



Here's another of the cards.

I'm using retired products in some instances, too. No sense letting them molder on the shelf! The black DSP behind the Thank You is from the Nite Owl DSP that we featured around Halloween last year, and I think it creates a more masculine feel to this card.

I need these cards to have a masculine feel, since the customer is a male. Do you know how hard that is for me?

I have a LOT of FLOWER STAMPS - but not many stamps that lean towards masculine...


This one is a little softer - maybe he can use it for a female client?

I have about 6 more cards to make tomorrow evening, and I'm going to feature some of the stamps and DSP from the upcoming Summer Mini, which have a definite masculine feel.

As a demonstrator, I get the opportunity to pre-purchase from any new catalogs that will be coming out - so that I have a chance to play and show them to you in a better light than just looking at the catalog.

And I LOVE IT! Creating with new inks, stamps and papers is the most fun I've ever had!

Would you like to be able to do that, as well? Just join my 'we StAMp everything' team, and you'll be able to!

And you'll also be able to attend our annual Convention (ALWAYS a blast!), as well as receive exclusive newsletters from SU and have access to the demonstrator only website, along with a lot more!

All you have to do is contact me, and I can head you down the path to becoming a demonstrator, too!

Thanks for stopping by - come back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment