Wednesday, April 20, 2011

And the Flowers Have It...




Here's another 6x6 mini scrapbook I made as a sample for the Stamp A Thon last Saturday.

Or, as I call them, Event Books.

This one was made using the Beyond the Garden DSP (Item 122342 $10.95) from the upcoming Summer Mini-catalog.

I love this DSP!

If you're a flower person, so will you... The colors used in this paper are awesome - Wild Wasabi, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, and Tangerine Tango.

It's BRIGHT!

But the best part is that the back sides of the DSP are much more muted than the flowery side, so even if you don't want HUGE BRIGHT areas, you can have some as a background which doesn't over power.

I made the flower on the front cover from Pink Pirouette CS and the Fun Flowers die. I spritzed it with water and crumpled it all up and let it dry over night. The next evening I uncrumpled it and put it all together, using a gold brad, which I hid under the two circles that the die punches for you.

Here's the inside of this Event book.



This is going to look lovely for posting photos of your flower garden, isn't it? Or, if you take pix of flowers while you're on vacation (I do!), this would be a lovely venue for showing them off...

The pinkish CS is actually Blushing Bride! This is a color that can change, depending what other colors you've paired it with.

You'll notice I didn't do much decorating on the inside. If indeed I'm going to put flower photos inside, I want those to hold the spotlight, not the DSP. That's supposed to be background, and if I start adding embellishments, it will become the focal point.

The photos should ALWAYS carry the page...

That's why you're scrapping, isn't it?

Hope this little teaser of one of the newest DSP makes you drool just a little, so you'll be chomping at the bit to purchase it, come May 1st!

Thanks for stopping by - come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment