Friday, April 8, 2011

Thank You Very Much


I've been asked to make some Thank You cards for a client to send to HIS clients. I've seldom done this type of thing so, it's taking me a while to get 25 made!

I get bored if I have to make any more than twenty or so of a card. And he said they didn't have to all be the same...

So, I've attacked this task a little differently. I've chosen the main color of the card stock, and proceeded to generate cards based on that.

I selected the main color to coordinate with some of our DSP - in this instance, it's the Sneak Peek Paisley Prints DSP that's available to you this month, after an initial $20 purchase.

For the card above, I chose Certainly Celery and Paisley Prints DSP. Scalloped the edge of the DSP and then I added scalloping to a piece of Cherry Cobbler and offset it somewhat behind the DSP.

I added some Marina Mist satin ribbon, and a strip of Certainly Celery I cut using the Dotted Scallop ribbon border punch (Item 119275 $15.95 in the big catalog, page 200).

I also added a strip of Marina Mist 1/8" grosgrain for just a little more color. The 1/8" grosgrain is JUST enough color, without overwhelming...

And, lastly, I used one of the Four Frames stamps and my aqua painter dipped in Cherry Cobbler. And a "thanks" stamp.

Not sure which set that might have come out of, because I've been going through my discontinued stamps to find additional "thanks" stamps, so things are mixed up on my work bench. Remember - I get bored using the same things all the time! hee hee

Here are a few more I've made in the past couple of days...




This one's made with Pacific Point CS and the Paisley Prints DSP. I ran the front of the card through the Polka dot embossing folder to give it a little texture.

Gotta tell ya! Those embossing folders make a WORLD of difference between and OK card and a WOW card... If you don't have any of them, be sure to check out the catalog and get yourself one (or more!).




I think this one might be my favorite of those I've made so far.

I used Peach Parfait as the background CS on this one. I stamped it with En Francais and VersaMark. Then attached another piece of the Paisley Petals DSP, with another piece of Cherry Cobbler CS behind it.

I love the pearls that are attached to a strip of Marina Mist CS which I ran through Mr. Big and the Tasteful Trim die.

I have to remember that he's actually planning on MAILING these, so keeping the number of layers to a minimum is essential - and adding things like brads makes mailing them a little more expensive, since they're supposed to be hand cancelled at the PO.

I have had cards come back to me when I've put brads on them, so be aware of that, if you haven't already learned this lesson!

I've also had people send me cards with brads on them and they just put another piece of paper over them, so they're not as likely to puncture through the envelope on their journey...

The same applies to some of our ribbons. You know how I like to make square knots in my ribbons. Well, with the heavier ribbons, they make a pretty large knot, so that's something to consider.

The seam binding and the 1/8" grosgrain seem to lie pretty flat - so I tend to try to stay with them for this type of card.

As you can see, they all have some of the elements the same - in this instance, it's the Paisley Petals DSP. I've just pulled some colors from it to use as the background card stocks, and I'm good to go!

Thanks for stopping by - come back soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment