Monday, April 4, 2011

The Time Has Come

At Last!

It's been one of those very long projects, but it's finally complete.

Yep, the family calendars will be in the mail tomorrow!

Yee Haw!

Want to see some of the pages?



Oops - too much light on one of the photos - but it looks great in person!





Yours truly - at Convention in Salt Lake City last July, and some mini photos of redecorating that took place at my house last year...




Group photos of my nephew's family at various and sundry places...




This one might be my favorite this year. It's pix of nephew's cats and bro's dog. These pictures were the first ones I did anything with, and I was never satisfied with how they looked.

Let me see if I can find a "before" picture to show you.

Ah, here it is...



See what I mean. It just didn't have any pizazz!

And then I got the newest DSP Paisley Petals, and there was one sheet of paper in that pack that just grabbed my eye and yelled at me that these photos would look SO MUCH better on it.

So I changed this one at the last minute, and I'm pleased with the results.

Yeh, go ahead - scroll back up there and check it out...




Oh wait, let me just repost them, side by side...














You'll notice I kept a couple of things the same, but mostly I really changed it up !

I always attach photos to my calendars with Dotto adhesive - it allows things to be moveable until it's set for a couple of days, so that gives me the latitude of moving things around a lot.

And I end up with a lot of "out takes". You know, photos I thought I wanted to use, but for one reason or another, just weren't working the way I wanted them to.

So, I have these to use on other pages for another year, and I don't have to take the time to print them again. It's a win-win!

Do you scrapbook? Leave me a link to your blog in the Comments section so I can see yours too!

Thanks for stopping by - come back again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment