Thursday, April 14, 2011

Not So Mellow Melie


Remember the other day I posted a lot of photos of Melie, sitting out on the settee on the patio? Here

He looked so mellow, didn't he?

Well, today, he was NOT mellow!

He's on my you-know-what list, too, as a result of his un-mellowness!

This morning, I was sitting in the computer room, minding my own business and playing on one of my Facebook farms (I have several - they're my guilty little pleasure...) and out of the corner of my eye, I see The Kidz come into the hallway...

And I see a rather large item lying on the carpet.

And suddenly, it starts to MOVE!

Dang, those Kidz brought me ANOTHER critter!

Smudge is the best retriever cat I've ever seen. Almost every day, she comes "MRRROOWWWINNG" into the house with something. It's easy to tell - the "MRRROOWWWWING" is much different than when she's just talking to me...

I keep praising her for bringing such nice treats - as long as they're of the inanimate variety! And I try very hard to make her understand the praise is ONLY for inanimate objects...

But today...

Today, what was brought into the house was NOT of the inanimate variety.

Oh no!

It was a HUGE lizard!

They've been bringing me little ones for the past week or two. I freak out, grab a jar and a sturdy piece of paper and can usually capture it and take it outside - and TOSS it! I really don't care where it lands, as long as it's OUTSIDE!

But today...

Today, this lizard had to have been about 6 inches long and about three times the diameter of my thumb. It was HUGE!

And it was IN MY HOUSE!

Now, you're probably wondering why I'm blaming Melie, when they both showed up at the same time.

CUZ HE LOOKED GUILTY! Ha ha ha

And also because Smudge didn't give her "MRROOWW" - so, it HAS to have been Melie who brought it in...

Well, the darned thing got away from them and crawled under the rattan bookcase that's right inside the front door.

They all (Velvet included) spent about a half an hour surrounding the bookcase.

Melie managed to crawl under it.

But no one --- NO ONE -- was able to roust that danged lizard and get him the heck outta my house!

And, as far as I know, it's decided to make it's home in my bookcase.

The thing is so jammed packed, I'd have to totally unload it to move it away from the wall so they could get AT the lizard.

And with my luck, the danged thing would crawl up my leg. Or crawl into another corner where I can't get at him!

So, I'm just letting sleeping lizards lie for right now. One of these days, he'll show his ugly little head again, and MAYBE one of the Kidz will catch him - and HOPEFULLY, take him back outside.

Or, I might get brave and try to find him myself... Nope, that's probably not going to happen... I really don't like creepy crawly critters.

And I have to say, that's the biggest down side of allowing your cats to go outside.

The cats are fascinated with the darned things! And they LOVE to bring you "prizes"...

=====

I don't have anything stamped to show you tonight.

I'm working on a project for my down line Stamp A Thon on Saturday, so I've been stamping and playing around, but I know a couple of my DL read my blog and I want to keep the project sorta on the QT until Saturday.

I promise, I'll take photos and publish them next week...

Have you thought about becoming a demonstrator? If so, I'd love to have you join my team.

This is the first DL Stamp A Thon I've organized, but I think this might just have to become a quarterly event, if there's enough enthusiasm for one.

So that would be a perk for being on my Team - coming to my Stamp A Thons...

If you're interested, give me a holler - I'll fill you in on all the perks and fun things we do!

Thanks for stopping by - come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment