Wednesday, April 27, 2011

That Darned Cat!


Can you believe it?

That darned cat is STILL after that danged lizard that he brought into my house about a week ago.

The other day he was adamant he was going to get the danged thing. He kept poking around the third shelf of the bookcase.

He fussed with it for about half an hour.

And he was able to do this



Yes, I know the photo's turned sideways!

Guess I forgot to turn it while it was in IPhoto, and didn't realize it til now. And I don't know how to fix it here...

So, turn your head a little - you'll get the idea!

Anyway, Melie pulled this book out of the shelf while trying to get that danged lizard.

He also strewed that pink folder's worth of paper work all over the floor.

And see this banner that USED to be on the front of the book case?




The one that says "Thankful"?

Yep, it ended up on the floor, as well.

And then the other day I heard the creaking of the bookcase (yes, I was playing on my farms again!) and decided I should go investigate what was going on...

And where was Melie?

ON THE TOP SHELF OF THE BOOKCASE!

How he ever climbed up there is beyond me, but he IS my climber cat...

The unfortunate part of it all was that I didn't have my camera with me, and if I'd left to come back and get it, Melie would have been gone...

There WERE a lot of hats hanging on the edge of the book case.

He managed to knock most of them down while exploring for the danged lizard.

I just left them there for a day, cuz I was afraid the danged lizard was under one of them.

But, finally, yesterday, I picked them all up and put them somewhere else.

I also removed the vase that used to be on the top shelf of that bookcase.

It cost me a lot of money many years ago, and, frankly, I didn't want Melie to knock it off and break it.

There's still one more hat on that shelf that apparently he hasn't figured out how to move just yet. But he will.

And I'm sure that danged lizard (AKA an alligator lizard) is hiding underneath it.

Should be quite a show when that happens!

Oh - and you'll be able to hear me screaming all the way back to the East Coast - guaranteed!

Thanks for stopping by - come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment