Tuesday, January 25, 2011

STAMPS!

I have a lot of the Stampin' Up! fabric - won an entire pack of the Sew Sweet fabrics, as well as several pieces of the Vintage selection at Leadership.

So, I decided it was time to try the FABRIC ADHESIVE (Item # 122194 $14.95 for 72" long x 11-1/2" wide) on some of it.

As I mentioned before, I used to do a lot of sewing (yes, REAL sewing), but it's been MANY years ago. There was fabric adhesive available then, but I didn't play with it much.

I cut pieces that were about 8" x 6" from all the fabrics. Then I ironed on the fabric adhesive, and ran this thru my Big Shot using the Serif Essentials letter dies.

Here's a photo of some fabric and the adhesive BEFORE I ironed them together.

Please note how shiny the adhesive is - and that I'm going to iron it to the WRONG side of the fabric!

This was easy peasy!


Then I used the Serif Essentials alphabet to cut out the letters for the word STAMP.

After I cut out the letters, I removed the backing from the adhesive and ironed them on to pieces of card stock.

The CS pieces are 2-1/2 square.

I also stamped on the back ground pieces with various sets (Charming and Nature Walk, to name two) before I ironed the letters on to it.


I mounted those on to some Rose Red CS that I put thru the Scallop Square Duo die (Item 120903 frm the Holiday mini, but still available for purchase today!) I used the 3" die - the other one is about 2-1/2" square.

These layer really well with the 4" Scallop Square (Item 115950 in the big catalog).


After I mounted them on the squares, I punched holes in both sides and threaded some of our Victorian Lace through the holes - and, voila! I now have a banner that says "STAMPS".








I also took the negative portions of the letters I cut (I'm so frugal!), and mounted THEM on to some Ivory and Crumb Cake CS. Then, again used the 3" scallop square in Rose Red and mounted these.










Then I used my Rose Red marker and outlined the inside of each letter, so that it would stand out a little more.

I've added some of the Vintage Flower Adornments (Item 121879 in the Occasions mini), which come in Rose Red, Baja Breeze, and Ivory - all colors which were used in the fabric!

And I added some of the teeny vanilla Rosettes (Item 118774, also from the Occasions mini).

I haven't glued anything down yet, but I'm liking what I seeing - What do you think? Leave me a comment and let me know!

What else should I add to these? They need some more adornments (but not many more of those from the mini) - so what should it be? Crowns? Keys? Something else entirely?

I decided to let it sit out in the Stampin' Garage, and I'll look at again tomorrow evening. Maybe something will hit me and I'll be off on a tear again, adding those things!

I hope some stamping idea hits you today, too - and that you stop what you're doing long enough to put ink to paper (or other media!) and CREATE!

Thanks for stopping by...

No comments:

Post a Comment