Tuesday, January 18, 2011

PEEP!

How are you???

Yes, I'm back - FINALLY!

Life takes us on journeys sometimes and occasionally we lose our way back.

If you've followed me for a while (and it's been QUITE a while since my last post) you may remember that I was having my kitchen remodeled.

I think my last post showed the "sorta" finished kitchen - well, Dr. Destructo's part of the remodel was finished, but mine wasn't. So, I got off on that tangent, finished putting up my cherry and rooster items and then decided it was time to get more active in the garage remodeling.

I was fortunate enough to have several friends (Hi Bern & Anne) volunteer to help me - and I needed it!

I can get on "overwhelm" very easily - too much to do - where DO you start?

So, Bernadette and Anne came down several times and helped just by clearing some of the clutter. I still have the POD in the driveway, so we started stashing the retired stamps and accessories out there so we could get a handle on the things I needed to re-arrange in order to find them and organize them better.

The garage is NOT finished yet, but it HAS been painted - a lovely shade of peach. That was due to the grandson of my friend Susan (thanks Jacob!). He was awesome - he painted the whole thing in three days - moved all the heavy stuff into the middle of the room and then re-taped plaster board and painted. It took two coats of primer and two coats of peach to cover the turquoise that I've been looking at for the past 20 years.

And in moving that stuff into the center and then moving it back to the walls not ONE THING got broken - and he didn't take the time to move much off the benches etc. before moving them!

Wanna see?

This is the color I've been looking at for over 20 years. I'm sure it was lovely when it was first painted. The husband of the couple who owned the house before me used to work on cars in this garage and Jake had his work cut out for him to paint ANYTHING over the greasy handprints that had been left on the walls over time (probably some of mine, as well!).

And here is the color it is today:

MUCH better, wouldn't you say? I really like it. The old paint was flat. This is semi-gloss. I don't think I'd ever paint with flat paint - I like the semi-gloss because it throws more light - and in a two-car garage with very little lighting, you NEED more light!




If you look closely, you can see Jake standing back in the doorway.

Great kid! Good worker, very conscientious - he did a great job for me.

That's my workbench over to the left. That thing weighs a TON and isn't all "glued" together, so it took some doing to move it out from the wall and then back again, without any mishaps.

Here's another view while everything was moved into the middle of the room.

I've gotten some of the Definitely Decorative wall decorations to put up out there, but I haven't finished moving things around enough yet to feel comfortable to put them up.

I got the "Create", "Inspire" and "Share" definitions from the Definitely Decorative catalog, along with the Manhattan flowers collection.

I had the "Create" and Manhattan flowers on the walls before. Since they're vinyl, I debated whether they could be painted over (and maybe resist the paint), but in the end, we decided we'd better remove them, and THEN paint.

They were very easily removed! The flowers came off in about a minute each. The "Create" is made up of quite a few words and had to be removed a letter at a time - that probably took us about 15 minutes.

So, if you've been holding back getting some of these awesome designs because you were afraid you might have trouble getting them off, have no fear - go ahead - put them on your walls, mirrors, doors - whatever! When you're ready to change them out, they can be very easily removed!

Don't have one of the Definitely Decorative catalogs? Leave me a comment or email me and I'll be happy to get one to you!

Well, I'm going to sign off for tonight - don't want to tell you EVERYTHING that's been going on in the past 6 months all at once, you know!

Come back! Next time I promise to show you something that I've stamped while I wasn't posting to my blog.

In the meantime - don't forget Sell-A-Bration (SAB) starts January 25th! For each $50 in product you purchase you can select something from the SAB catalog FOR FREE!

And this year, for the first time, you can select items other than stamps! There's a bundle that has ribbon and buttons in it, another that has die-cut adhesives and Designer paper in it. There's even a Definitely Decorative item that you can get this year!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment