Friday, January 28, 2011

2011 Calendars! Are yours up yet?

If you can believe it, I FINALLY put out 2011 calendars through - out the house tonight!

Every time I'd try to look at a wall calendar I'd realize it was last year's and go find a current one, thinking, next time I go to the kitchen, I'll bring one back to hang here (where ever "here" was at that moment).

You see, I had about 8 calendars on the kitchen table just waiting to be put up somewhere! Most came from animal shelters, etc, since that's what I support.

So, tonight, I finally got them OFF the kitchen table and UP ON THE WALLS! Every room now has at least one 2011 calendar!

I also make calendars. I generally purchase those little stick on calendars from a company called AIP, and then use coasters to make unique calendars.

I've had my stamp club ladies make their own for the past two or three years - and I always make one for my computer desk at the same time.

Then, assuming I have time, I try to make additional calendars to give as gifts.



Here's one I made for my friend Roxy. She's always the Hostess with the Mostest when we go visit her for a weekend of gambling and goofing off.

Her calendar was my initial use of the Pompom Trim (in the Occasions mini-catalog). Took me a while to figure out I was going to have to use Sticky Strip to get them to stay on there! (They ARE still there, aren't they Roxy?)

I also used the Sweet Buttons embosslit as the centers of the orange flowers - see them? They're made from Daffodil Delight! Hard to miss something THAT bright, isn't it?

And here's the one I made for Susan...




She's very much into Vintage, so I went crazy with a lot of the new stuff from the Occasions mini - both DSPs and stamp images. Easter Blossoms and Nature's Walk stamp sets, Botanical Gazette Designer Series Papers, scalloped edge punch, and my favorite ribbon (for the moment!) the 1/8" taffeta - LOVE IT!

I liked hers so well I almost kept it for myself and made her another!

I just realized I haven't taken a photo of the one I made for myself! I'll have to do that tomorrow and then remember to post it to show you.

Thanks for stopping by - have a great tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment