Friday, January 21, 2011

Some stamped stuff

Well, sorry - busy day - I didn't get the Leadership swaps photographed so I could share them with you.

BUT...

I do have some stamped stuff to share. So, without further ado...


This is the ATC (Artistic Trading Card) that I made for my stamp club ladies' Goody Bags this month.

Made with the Valentine Defined set (Item 121941 - wood), so Whisper White, Pretty in Pink and Read Red cardstock.

An ATC is a specific size: largest piece is 3-1/2 x 2-1/2. The next layer is 3-1/4 x 2-1/4. And the third layer (where the stamping is on this sample) is 3 x 2".


Artistic Trading Cards have been around forever! They were initially samples that an artist could leave as a calling card, if you will. A sample of their work that was inexpensive to give away.

ATCs have been around the stamping world as long as I have. I like them. They ARE a smaller sample of what you, as a stamper, have to offer.

Many times, at various stamping conventions (including Stampin' Up!s), I've traded ATCs - matter of fact, several years ago we sold a book that holds them perfectly.

Before that, I used baseball trading card sleeves to store them so I could look through them more easily.

But the BEST part about an ATC is how easily it layers on to a regular card size!

So, I took a couple of left over ATCs from those I made last night and made these two cards:















For both of them, I embossed the Pretty in Pink CS in the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and the Big Shot.

Creates a nice texture to the card, doesn't it?

And both cards have small hearts punched from the Glimmer Paper (Item 121790) from the Occasions mini-catalog. The card on the right also has a piece of Glimmer paper cut on the rickrack area of the Tasteful Trim Big XL die we carry. This piece of rickrack was cut from scraps I had left over after punching all those little hearts!

This Glimmer paper is THE BOMB!

I'm NOT a glitter fan - simply because it gets all over everything, including the cats' fur! And I worry about them ingesting it and making themselves sick, or worse yet, getting it in their eyes.

So the Glimmer paper is the answer for me. You get 2 12x12 sheets for $3.95. And I've already gotten about 30 of those small hearts ( and several strips of rick rack) from several 12" x 1-1/2" pieces, which leaves me PLENTY to share with my stampin' friends!

Here's a photo of the Pretty in Pink piece after I embossed it:

Isn't it beautiful? I love ALL the embossing folders - they're fast and easy and they add so much to a card!

And, I also stamped on this piece before I ran it through the Big Shot - I used Versamark, so it's very subtle, but that adds something to the cards as well.


As I've said before, it's the details that make a card stand out in the crowd.


So, do you NEED anything I've shown tonight? If so, give me a holler!

And in the meantime - thanks for stopping by - and keep on stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment