Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Last Chance!

Okay - it's here - the end of the current Idea Book and Catalog (IBC) AND the end of the Occasions mini-catalog. If there's something you want, you need to contact me BEFORE 9 PM PST on Tuesday, June 30, 2009!

If you decide to do an on-line order, that will need to be entered by that time, as well.

Here some cards we made at the Last Chance Open House on Saturday:

Just Beachy - Barely Banana, Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip, Lazy Days Wheel -- Occasions mini-catalog


Just Beachy - this time we used Green Galore, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, and the Lazy Days Wheel
Heartfelt Thanks - Bravo Burgundy (CS and grosgrain ribbon), Razzleberry Lemonade DSP (new), Ivory CS

I'm excited about the new catalog AND In colors! We can all start ordering out of it around Noon on Wednesday, July 1st!

=====
I've been busily working on my Annual Hostess Appreciation event. Each year, I invite those who have hosted (and closed) at least a $150 event during the catalog year to come to my house so I can pamper them!

Lunch is served, they'll get door prizes, they'll get to play with new "stuff", and I'll have two projects for them to do that I've never taught anyone before. Everyone is encouraged to come dressed for the occasion.

This year's theme is Groovy 60's, and I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Last year's theme was A Garden Party, and most of my guests wore beautiful hats - it was fun to see the hand made hats! Two of my guests stopped at Michael's on the way down here, bought what they needed, and one made the hats while the other drove - and they were both GORGEOUS!

One of the other ladies bought balsa wooden cutouts at Michael's and painted them (watering can, fence, and lots of flowers)and glued them on to her hat. She gifted the hat to me, and although I don't wear hats (often enough!), I do put it on once in a while and primp in front of the mirror!

So, I've been Googling the 60's to find music, clothing, food. NOT that I don't remember the 60's! There's an old saying, "if you can remember the 60's you weren't there!"

But I did need to separate that era from the 70', 80's, and 90's! And I'm glad I did - had this idea in my head that the Groovy 60's (psychedelic) was early in the 60's - and it wasn't! We didn't go psychedelic until around 1967... Before that, we were still in the Do-wop era.

Gotta admit I'm a little stumped about food from that time. My first thought was pizza, because that's when *I* started eating pizza. But I think that's a bit of a cop-out, so I'm continuing to dig around and will, hopefully, come up with something a little more original.

=====
Here are your cat photos for today...
Here are all three (!) sitting at the back door. Have NO IDEA what they were looking at - I just snagged the opportunity to get them all in the same photo, since it doesn't happen very often!
Here's Smudge, sittin' in the backyard... She looks a little irritated, doesn't she?
And here's Smedley in (on?) his new favorite spot. Now HE'S checking out the neighbors! The bad thing about these sun shades being up in the back yard is that he can climb the legs and walk right from the roof of the sunshade on to the patio overhang... And MOM can't get him! He's in heaven.

=====
Don't forget to mark your calendars for my 19th Annual New Catalog Open House. I'm holding it on SUNDAY, July 12th from 1 - 4 PM. Be here or be square!

New catalogs will be available, as will Make & Takes, door prizes, munchies, and some of the new product to touch and feel!

I'll also be taking sign-ups for the 2009/2010 Stamp Club. If you'd like to purchase a little at a time, this is the best idea! Your obligation is $25 minimum each month for 12 months.

You'll receive a spiral bound catalog, and at some point during the year, you'll get to be the Hostess and receive those benefits. I draw names to determine who will be Hostess during which month. If we have "left over" months, I draw Mystery Hostess names, so everyone gets a second chance to be Hostess.

We meet once a month - last year's meetings were at 10 AM the third Saturday of the month. I don't plan to change the time unless the majority wants to. In the past I've also held the meetings on Friday evenings.

You'll make cards, 3-D items, do a little scrapbooking - I'm willing to try whatever! I love for you to join us for this year's clubs! Give me a call or email me to sign up. Better yet, come to my Open House and meet some of the other members!

Happy stampin'

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment