Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Little Progress

Remember the "clean the garage" project? I've been workin' on it for FOR EVER!

This weekend, I put together the second shelving unit. Didn't think I'd have enough room to work if I had two out there, not sitting against the wall, where I want them eventually.

But I put it together, and yesterday I spent a couple of hours trying to decide what's going to go where.

I'm pretty happy with the first unit I put together. I've been using it for about a month, and everything seems to be working OK - what's there, placement of everything... I do still keep heading to the "old spot" to find things like my Crop-a-diles and embellishments, but quickly remember that I've moved them.

I've also labeled all the boxes! What a concept! ha ha

This is the second unit. It's not working yet.

After I took this photo, I moved all my 12x12 CS on to the third shelf. I need it to be handier than it's been in the past, BUT, I can't set the paper holders upright, because there's no room above to pull paper out to look at it. So, I'm trying laying them on their spines. I'll have access to getting the paper out when they sit that way.

The down side is they don't really LIKE sitting this way - they keep leaning, and I'm not sure how to correct that. Just need to make sure there's sturdy stuff on either side of them, to help them "learn" to sit this way.

And, of course, the containers aren't designed for them to sit this way, either, which will eventually make me change something...

There's still got a TON of "stuff" that's been sitting in front of the existing shelving units for years to be dealt with. Have to figure out where to put it. Somewhere NOT in front of the shelving units would be ideal. Haven't had the nerve to take any photos of that stuff yet.

But I AM getting some shelves emptied!

See - you can even see the turquoise WALL!

And all those magazines? Yep, gotta figure out where to put them as well. I have some OLD Rubberstampmadness mags that actually looked more like a newspaper than a magazine. I found RSM when I first signed up as a demonstrator in 1991. It was the only stamping magazine around at the time, and I soaked the info right off the pages!

And there are a few years worth of Rubber Stamper in that mix, too. Another great magazine, but, unfortunately, this one doesn't exist any longer.


I took a break tonight and made a couple of cards. Both cards were made with the new Level II Hostess Set "Asian Artistry".

This one uses Dusty Durango as its background, with some Soft Suede and Melon Mambo as accent colors. Also added the Dusty Durango dotted grosgrain ribbon for accent.

This one uses Bermuda Bay as the background, with some Crushed Curry and a piece of Razzleberry Lemonade DSP to accent. Then the main image is mounted on Rich Razzleberry CS, as are the words - first punched with the new Modern Label punch, then backed with a matching piece that you get when using the new dies that fit into the Movers and Shapers Bigz XL die.

Like these dies! Each one matches an existing punch AND cuts a piece that's larger, so you can easily create layers!


My last epiphyllium bloomed this AM.

The Kidz were out checking it out...

First Smudge...

Then Smedley...

And then I cut it off and took it to my friend Fay at Curves!


No comments:

Post a Comment