Monday, February 8, 2010

Some non-traditional uses for punches

Tonight I thought I'd feature some cards that used punches in non-traditional ways.

This one uses the Ornament Punch that was available in the Holiday mini-catalog. I don't know if this punch can still be ordered, but I'll bet it will be in the Idea Book and Catalog that gets released in July.

How could they NOT include it? It's such an adapable punch.

You may recall I used it to make angels and choir people in this post.

The designer simply cut off the bottom of the punch and now it looks like a vase! Clever, eh?


This vase was made using the large oval punch. Again, a small part of the bottom was cut off square, and then a small chunk of the top was lopped off.

This is another of those simple cards that always appeal to me.




And here's a very non-traditional use of punches!

Isn't he cute?

His face is the heart punch, wit the tip cut off, then turned upside down!

Circle punches form his ears, his eye spot, and his dog tags. And his collar is a scrap of Real Red punched with the 1/8" punch.







Hope you enjoyed these card shares. If you ever have questions about how something's been made, be sure to leave me a comment, along with your email address, and I'll be happy to try and answer it.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment