Tuesday, February 16, 2010

We Interrupt This Program...

... for something totally different for today.

We had our Demo get-together yesterday, and before they get lost in the shuffle, I wanted to show everyone's contributions to a fun day.

It was a small turn-out, but that's OK. That gives us more time to swap ideas and information - and fewer of us talking at the same time! LOL

I, of course, (as I promised) used the fabric flowers I've been making as my swaps for the day. I forgot to take photos of all of them before they were whisked off to new homes, so you'll need to backtrack to the past three postings on this blog to view some of my offerings.

Veronica is a quilter, and loves things like paper-folding, I think, because they remind her of quilts. So, I had asked her if she had any scraps she wanted to get rid of, so I'd have someone else's taste to incorporate with mine (hopefully!).

She not only brought me a bag of scraps, she also gave me some nifty old buttons! WOO HOO - these will look good on future flowers, I'm sure.

But I digress...

Here were the swaps everyone brought yesterday

Susan's

How soft and Springy!

We had a beautiful day yesterday. Temps back up to where *I* like them - upper 70's, low 80's. And as you'll see below, the flowers are starting to pop up and bloom all over the place.

This card was made using the Asian Artistry set. And I love her colors! Pretty in Pink, Gable Green, with a little Regal Rose behind the main image.

Did you notice she ran the Gable Green piece through one of the texture plates? Adds a nice dimension to the card, doesn't it?


Veronica's

She used the Movers and Shapers Big Shot die to cut the card, then ran the front of it through the polka dot embossing folder.

She also used the XL 2-Step Bird Punch. I'm LOVIN' that punch - never a bad card made when using that!

I really like her color combination too. I'm not sure I'd have ever paired Rich Razzleberry and Basic Black together, but it works wonderfully! And the little bit of black CS behind the words makes it pop.




Del's

She used the newest Big Shot die from the Occasions mini. It's called Mini Milk Carton.

And it is SMALL! I've taken a photo of it beside one of our re-inkers, just to give you some perspective.

It's really very cute, though, and she filled them with chocolate, of course!


I mentioned earlier that things are starting bloom for us these days. How about a couple of photos that I took just this evening...



This a California Poppy that will start blooming in the next day or two. This is one of the survivors from last year, so it's got a head start on anything I planted this year.













Here's Melie (Smedley if you want to be formal!) pouncing into my flower garden. Lord knows what he thought he saw, but I thought it was a cute photo of him in action.






Hope you saw something here today that inspired you in some way - gardening, your pets, or some sort of stamping. Doing something creative!

Thanks for stopping by...

No comments:

Post a Comment