Saturday, February 13, 2010

More Fabric Flowers

Last time I posted, I showed you the fabric flowers that I'd adhered to quilt batting before running it through Mr. Big.

Tonight I want to show you other flowers I made, without the batting.

These were made using cotton fabrics - I've been on the search for coordinating fabrics to make these from.

My first stab at it wasn't the best - I bought about 8 1/4 yards of fabrics, with Spring in mind. But what I didn't take into consideration, until I'd "built" my first flower was that the fabrics needed to coordinate better.

Here is my first attempt:


Yeh, coulda done better at coordinating the fabrics, although this flower DOES go with a lot of colors! LOL

I took one of the Kraft corduroy buttons and dyed it using the gold shimmer paint and Rich Razzleberry re-inker mixed together.

I used the Flower Folds die for this one - I selected the third smallest flower.

The shimmer paint gives a nice little touch to the button, don't you think?

Here are a few others I made the first night:


I used left over fabrics from some scallop cones I made a year or so ago. I can't locate the photos I took of them but will, and will post one of these days.

The fabrics are great choices for Fall colors, or if you wear a lot of browns, gold, yellows and/or oranges.

I used a button in the center of this one as well.

I used the Scallop Circle #2 die for this flower - used the smaller of the two flowers on the die.

I've just hot-glued all the layers together for these flowers. I punched out a circle of CS, then glued layers, then the button. After everything cooled down, I adhered a pin back to it.

And here's the third flower made during my first attempt:



Again, I was using any fabrics I could find laying around here. And it's been a very long time since I've worked with fabric, so you KNOW I had to dig to find stuff - especially if you've ever been IN my Stampin' Garage!

This flower was made using the Flower Folds die again. Third smallest flower on the die...

I used a corduroy button for this one as well - it's the discontinued color Pacific Point. Always one of my favorite colors - I'm sorry it's no longer available. Sigh...

The next time I post, I'll show you some I made after I started getting my act together re: color coordination.

In the meantime, don't forget - it's Sale-A-Bration (SAB) time! For each $50 you purchase in product from the Idea Book and Catalog (IDBC), the Occasions mini-catalog or either of the Decor Elements catalogs, you've earned FREE item from the SAB catalog!

And this year, not only can you get FREE STAMPS, you may also choose to receive a 6x6 paper pad or a NEW PUNCH!

Specifically, the corner Scallop punch.

And it's a doozy! I've shown you samples using that in the past two - three weeks, so dig back in my blog a little and you'll find them. Probably late Januaryish...

AND, as if THAT'S not enough - should you purchase so much product that you actually get one of everything in the SAB catalog and run out of options, this year there is a list of additional stamp sets from the IDBC that you may choose as well! AWESOME!

What would YOU like for your SAB freeby? Look thru the catalogs along my side bar and give me a call and let me know!

Thanks for stopping by...

No comments:

Post a Comment