Saturday, February 20, 2010

Fabric Cone

The other day I made reference to some "trees", or cones I'd made using styrofoam cones and fabric that I'd cut with Mr. Big.

I really hunted around, trying to find either the earlier post to this blog, or some of the photos, and after about 10 minutes, I just gave up. So you didn't see them then...

I found them today! They were in the folder where I keep all my photos for the blog - but these photos I'd actually NAMED, instead of just storing with their numerical designation that the camera ( or maybe it's IPhoto) gives them.

So, here is a photo of the notorious and infamous Fall cone!


I selected 6-8 colors of cotton fabric in Fall colors.

Ran a layer of each of the fabrics through Mr. Big, using the Pennant die, which has 4 scallops on it, as well as 2 different sized pennants.

I lined the cone with the pennants parts I'd cut, then started pinning (with straight pins) the scallops to the styrofoam cone.

I adhered half pearls from the Pretties Kit to some of them.

One while I was a that large craft store, I found a stem of little flowers in the clearance bin for something like 25 cents - I snagged it, without really knowing how I'd use it, but the pieces were nice and small, and generic - and make great filler for a myriad of projects.

So I pulled some of those off and pinned them to these cones as well.

I thought it came out very nicely! Maybe use it for as a centerpiece for your Thanksgiving table...

This would be REALLY cute if done with Christmas fabrics, don't you think? I'm going to try to remember to do that for this coming Christmas!

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment