Monday, March 21, 2011

More Resist(ance)


I thought I'd show you what I did with another piece using the Emboss Resist technique.

I showed you - well, ok, described to you - how to do this technique here.

Gosh - a LOT longer ago than I'd imagined! February 12, 2011...

Well, things languish on my workbench and stamping tables for a while, it seems!

Anyway, this one was just laying there, begging me to play with it. I ignored it for about a week, and then couldn't resist (ha ha) any longer.

So I sponged on Peach Parfait and Regal Rose, blending them well - and look how beautifully it turned out!

I mounted it on Peach Parfait CS, then mounted that on to some of the new DSP that I, as a demonstrator, could order this month. We demonstrators do get perks, you know! Hee hee

You'll be able to order it after April 1, so just hang in there. I'll be showing you more of it as time goes along.

Or, of course if you DID want to get this earlier, you could contact me and sign up for my Stampin' Up! Team - we're always looking for those who love to stamp!

Back to this card, though...

The DSP is called Paisley Petals, and has some lovely paisley prints, as well as some nicely subdued sheets. This is one of the subdued pieces, and the colors I'd chosen worked wonderfully well with it.

Talk about lucking out! I had NOT had anything in mind when I started sponging it other than the two colors I saw in my brain!

I mounted the entire piece on to Cherry Cobbler CS, and then I added one of the banners from the Petal Cone die - I always seem to have some of those hanging around...

After I stamped the banner with the "Happy Birthday" from the "Something to Celebrate" Hostess set (in the Occasions mini), I attached it on the left side, curled it a little, attached it in the middle, then curled it a little more, and attached to the right side. So, it's got a little 3-D effect! I cut about 1-1/2 inch off of the entire piece...

I had a piece of Victorian lace lying around on my work bench, too, so tied a knot in it, and attached it to the card with a mini-glue dot.

And, voila!

A pretty decent birthday card, wouldn't you say?

I just found out one of my DL just celebrated her 60th birthday this past week! I was amazed! Happy belated birthday Laurie! This one's for you!

So, why don't you dig out those pieces of emboss resist you made after reading my blog entry a month ago - and play around more with them!

Then, post a photo in the Comments column! I hear from some of you occasionally via email or Facebook, but always love to see those Comments, too!

Thanks for stopping by - come back again - SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment