Friday, March 18, 2011

Oval the Whole Card




Isn't this unusual?

I made this card at the Stamp A Thon I attended a couple of weeks ago.

*I* would have NEVER thought up this idea! That's what I love about going to stamping events held by other demonstrators.

There's always at least one idea that I personally would never have come up with. Stampin' Up! demonstrators (and their customers!) sure are a creative bunch!

This card is made from Blushing Bride CS (one of this year's "In" colors) and Whisper White CS, with Chocolate Chip CS as the accent color.

And those ovals? Very different, aren't they?

Very easy to make, as well, BUT, you need to know the secret -- and guess what?

I'm going to TELL it to you!

Are you ready?

OK, here goes...

You punch the SMALLER oval first, THEN you punch the larger oval around the smaller one.

Isn't that easy?

I really like how we punched the ovals NOT perfectly aligned. I think most human's natural instinct is to punch them perfectly aligned, and that's what makes this card so unique.

Want to see a close up?

Here ya go...



And I really like how we added those AWESOME pearls to the card. Adds just the right touch!

Items used for this card:
1-3/4" x 7/8" large Oval punch (Item 119855 $15.95)
1-3/8" x 5/8" large oval punch (Item 119863 $15.95)
Basic Pearls (Item 119247 $4.95)
Blushing Bride CS (Item 119796 $6.95)
Whisper White CS (Item 100730 $8.50)
Chocolate Chip CS (Item 102128 $6.96)

Do you need either of these oval punches, or those pearls?

Call, email, or place an on-line order. And remember, when you place an on-line order, be sure to select me as your demonstrator so that you get preferred pricing!

Thanks for stopping by - come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment