Tuesday, March 29, 2011

BRIGHT & Cheery




Bright, isn't it?

It's a card I got as a swap at the Stamp A Thon I attended last month up in St. George, UT.

I like it, but then I'm a Bold Brights gal...

Oh yeh, Bold Brights don't exist any longer. Now they're just Brights...

Whatever, they're my kind of colors! Bright and cheery...

The background of the card is Pacific Point. Such a beautiful blue... Other colors used are Tangerine Tango, Melon Mambo, and Daffodil Delight, with the DSP being Old Olive. There's a splash of Night of Navy there, as well.

I like how she sprinkled colored circles all over the card to add some more "pop". And the Melon Mambo brads add another just right detail.

The ribbon is Peach Parfait stitched poly. (Item 119264 $8.95).

The little envelopes on this card were made using the Petal Card Extra Large Double punch (Item 119273 $17.95).

Very clever use of this punch! And it helps that there's CHOCOLATE in those envelopes!

The designer also used the Sizzix die Tasteful Trim (Item 120893 $42.95) from the Holiday mini. BUT, this die is still available, if you're interested!


=====

Tomorrow is my friend, Jay's, 75th birthday. You met him a long time ago in a photo from the Wild Animal park - we'd gone out there to look at the epiphyllums in bloom.


So, tonight I've been working on a birthday gift for him. I probably won't finish it in time to take photos of it before I have to run off to his birthday dinner - but I'll try. And, if I'm successful, I'll share it with you later.

So, Happy Birthday, Jay! And MANY, MANY more!

And it's also some other friends, Kathleen's and Anne's birthdays tomorrow, too! Neither of them is celebrating their 75th tomorrow... Just some number below that, which I'm sure is fine with both of them!

So, Happy Birthday to both of you as well!

I can't remember any other day of the year where I know more than two people who share a birthday! Wonder what the odds are????

Thanks for stopping by - come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment