Friday, March 26, 2010

Team Meeting Projects

We had our monthly "we StAMp everything" Team Meeting a week or so ago, and I never posted the projects we made that evening.

BTW - if you'd like to become a member of our Team, too, please call or email me to find out the particulars.

There's a sign up special right now that includes the My Digital Studio (MDS) software, along with the standard Starter Kit - and the price is only $185! It's a great deal, since the MDS software alone is worth $80 and this entire kit is worth $295! Call me if you're interested!

I had two projects ready for them to make if they wanted.

The first I offered was the little containers I'd found at the 99-cent store. Remember, I'd had my stamp club members make those last month - decorating them with vinyl embellishments they cut out with Mr. Big.

I showed you those I'd made here, but forgot to take photos of those the club members made. I didn't forget at our Team Meeting!

This is Natalie's.

She chose to use the "N" from the Serif Essentials Big Shot die to "make it hers".

Then she added quite a few flowers cut from various colors of vinyl and several Big Shot dies.

She also decorated the lid, but I forgot to take a photo of that part.

I have to tell you, the one I made myself is doing wonderful duty as a scrap bin on my work table in the Stampin' Garage!



Here's the other side of the container, showing additional flowers she used.

It turned out quite lovely, didn't it?












Del and Susan decided they wanted to try to make some of the fabric flowers I'd been playing around with.

Here's Susan's. She made hers using the directions I'd used to make my earliest attempts here.

She chose the fabrics she wanted and proceeded to cut them with Mr. Big and one of the flower dies.

She folded each flower into quarters, tacked them together, then fanned them out and hot clued them to a circle she'd cut from CS. Notice the netting and the corduroy button she added to the mix.They really give the flower personality.


And this is Del's.

She had seen some flowers Veronica made using the Daisy die, so she decided to try that approach.

For hers, she put the layers together on top of a circle of CS, then proceeded to lift the layers (starting at the bottom one) and apply Crystal Effects between each layer.

It worked out very nicely! She didn't have to "futs" (is that a real word? It is where I come from - I'm just not sure how to spell it!) with re-aligning each layer as she went.

And I love how the flower turned out! She also chose a button out of a bag of buttons Veronica had given me. These are OLD buttons, so you don't find them just every where these days.

I liked Del's flower so much I made myself a couple with the daisy die and Crystal Effects. I put about 10-12 layers on mine, and each time I wear it, it becomes fluffier and fluffier!

Hope you've been stamping! If not, drag those stamps, pads, and paper out and make yourself something that makes you happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment