Tuesday, October 20, 2009

More on OSWs (One Sheet Wonders)

When I made the One Sheet Wonders (OSW's), I stamped two sheets of CS using the same images - one was Whisper White and the other was Confetti White.

These two types of paper accept inks differently.

The Confetti White is very absorbent paper, and the inks sink in fairly quickly. That means the images will not be as sharp as those you've stamped on Whisper White.

Whisper White and Very Vanilla CS both have a sort of a semi-gloss finish. If you use either of them, you need to let the item you've stamped sit a little to finish drying, or you'll smear the ink. Just a second or two.

Here is a photo of the pattern I detailed last night (cut 8-1/2 into quarters, then cut two pieces on the diagonal, tear the third in half, and cut the last piece close to in half), along with a couple of close ups. I took poetic license with one of the quarter sheets and tore it into three pieces.












After I cut the OSW, I started looking at what I could do with the pieces, and decided I need to have punched images nearby, as well as ribbon that matched my colors. This will help me assemble my cards more quickly.

So I pulled out my punches, some quarter sheets of the colors I'd used on my OSW, and punched away.

Here's a photo of the pieces I generated:








That's as far as I've gotten at this point, but I'll continue to show the various stages of these cards in the upcoming days.

I'm planning to pull in the Simply Scrappin' kit Christmas Jingle (Item # 115696 $19.95) into the mix on this project as well. The colors I chose match the colors contained in this kit, and I can use the die-cut adhesive pieces on the fronts of the cards, along with the punches.

When I'm finished, I'll probably have 16 Christmas cards done.

=====
Here's the Deal Of The Week: (10/20/09 thru 10/26/09 at 9:50 AM)

Item Page Description Regular Price Special Price
114348 179 Basic Jumbo grommets $6.95 $4.49 109857 179 Mini Library clips $12.95 $8.99
112571 179 Circle Designer brads $5.95 $3.99
112581 179 1/2" Library clips $6.95 $3.99

Don't you NEED some of these? These are great prices for these items!

Give me a call, or shoot me an email, and I'll be happy to order these and anything else you'd like!

And here's Smudge with that pleading look in her eye to back me up.

I sat on the couch (a rare occasion) and watched Castle tonight, and she snuggled right in behind me on the blankey and the pillows! Couldn't resist taking a photo.






No comments:

Post a Comment