Saturday, October 10, 2009

Chuck's Pets

My brother, Jim, has a friend he's kept in touch with since high school. The guys and their wives try to get together once a year - generally in the Fall, as that's what seems to work out .

He asked me to "do something" with photos of Chuck's pets that he had. Chuck and wife have "furry kids", like I do. Jim said they had run out of ideas for a gift this year, and thought something I made might be well received.

Last year for Christmas, Stampin' Up! sold chipboard kits that I made into Christmas tree ornaments for Jim and his wife that had photos of the kids and grand kids. I really enjoyed making them, and apparently Jim liked them too, since that's what he meant when he asked me to "do something".

So, I started putzing. We no longer sell the precut chipboard pieces I used last year. BUT, we DO sell a Big Shot, and, I have tablet backs (i.e. chipboard, although much lighter weight). So what's the problem?

I'll just use my Mr. Big dies and come up with something. I got the photos via email, so I can maniputlate them in IPhoto - no problem! I can even reprint them, if I mess things up!

So, here's what I was able to come up with. Hope you enjoy them!




































Recipe: Square Scallop and Oval Frame Sizzix dies; Merry Moments DSP; Snowflake punch; Dazzling Diamonds glitter, a retired leaf punch, Autumn Splendor stamp set; Pumpkin Pie and Real Red 1/2" striped grosgrain ribbons, as well as Ribbon Originals (green).







I was afraid they might have trouble finding a box that would accommodate these, so decided to make one.

I'm quite impressed with this! It's crisp and clean looking, yet has a lot of visual interest.

Recipe: Lattice die, Leaves #2 die, Merry Moments DSP, Real Red polka dot grosgrain ribbon, and the green ribbon from Ribbon Originals in the mini-catalog.






After everything was cut, using either the square scallop die or the oval frame, I added glitter to the edges of all the scallops, and "accessorized" using the snowflake punch and some holly leaves/berries made from punches and die cuts.

Cut the DSP and the chipboard all at the same time - it tends to make for a better "fit" for everything, since it's sorta related, by virtue of being cut that way.

If you'd like to learn how to do this for YOUR family photos give me a call and let's set something up!

Here's Smudge tonight - she just wants to say "hi".















Happy Stampin'

No comments:

Post a Comment