Monday, October 12, 2009

Good to see friends again

It was another Sunday of sharing here in Sam's Garage - cards, techniques, pizza, chocolate, and lots of ideas and conversation.

Our monthly Get-together - just a group of SU demonstrators - some in my downline, some not... Just a great group of very talented ladies!

Teresa brought the CUTEST card (actually two versions) to share with us today - all made with punches!














Aren't they cute!!!?? Teresa punched out all the pieces for each of us to make one of these for our very own! She KNEW I'd love it!

Here are some of the cards that ended up in the garage (and my sample baskets!) today. I'm sure you'll enjoy them, as will I!

Veronica's card. Lovely, as always. She used the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder and Rich Razzleberry CS and dotted grosgrain ribbon. Her greeting is from the Wonderful Favorites set.








Teresa's card. She used the Medallion stamp inked in Whisper White on Old Olive CS and Rich Razzleberry CS as her main color for the card. She also used a Square Fire "bling" and silver cording to dress it up.








Susan's card. She used the Top Note die "leftover" as a stencil and daubered the color on to the ivory CS. She also used the Champagne Mist paints, which don't show up very well, but do add a lovely touch when seen in person.

Her CS is Elegant Eggplant, layered with Dusty Durango. She used dark purple grosgrain ribbon for her "bowless bow". She also used the ticket corner punch on several layers.


Del's contribution for today. She cleverly used aluminum foil to create her mirror!

Then she stamped the house from the House of Haunts set on the foil, using Black Staz-on ink.

The background papers are the Night & Day specialty papers. She used the scallop oval punch to create the mirror. I also like her take on how the card will fold to be mailed. Don't think I've ever seen this particular one before, but it's quite striking, don't you think?


Sam's card.

I used the Lattice Big Shot die, cut it in Ivory CS and layered it on to Real Red CS. Then I cut an oval out of Black CS using the Ovals die, and finally layered a stamped image from the Sweet Season set.











This card is a candidate for my upcoming Christmas card Stamp A Stack that I'll be holding here in my Stampin' Garage on October 24th & 25th. There will be 4 different designs, and attendees will make 3 of each of them for a total of 12 cards. Fee for the class is $25.

Call or email me if you'd like to sign up for this class. Final sign-ups must be to me by Friday, October 16th, so that I can order the materials and be sure they'll be here.

And last, but certainly not least, your cat photo of the day.

It's gotten chillier lately, so Velvet's taken to sleeping snuggled up to my reading pillow. Image my surprise when I found Smedley sleeping there too, the other day!

And look at that guilty look on his face! Guess he thought he was doing something wrong...




Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment