Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I Overlooked This...

... and I'll bet you have, too.

"This" being the Holiday Photo Card Kit on page 175 in the Idea Book and Catalog. (Item # 115448 $10.95)

I saw it in the catalog, but I didn't really SEE it - until I saw something in one of our Stampin' Success magazines that made mer SEE it.

The Stampin' Success magazine is a beautiful, free, monthly publication all demonstrators receive from Stampin' Up! It's always full of ideas for projects, home decor, showing us how to use the products in our IB&C.

Stampin' Success also contains business ideas for demonstrators to use. Would you like to see a copy of this fantastic magazine and be able to receive your very own copy each month? Just join my "we StAMp everything" team!

So, I ordered and received the Holiday Photo Card Kit and finally unwrapped it tonight. It's GORGEOUS! And making the cards is so easy!

You supply the 4x6 photos, adhere them to the card front, and apply the die-cut adhesive frame supplied in the kit. Add a strip of red to the Kraft CS, and viola! you're done!

The other elements provided are a spring of mistletoe and a small label that you can stamp with your greeting.

Instructions are also provided, showing two different ways to make your cards. Or, if you'd prefer, use these as guidelines and decorate to your heart's content with other elements as you see fit.

Tonight I sat down and pulled a few of these together. I'm not kidding you when I tell you it took me longer to print out the photographs I wanted to use, than it did for me to make ALL THREE of the cards I'm going to show you below!

You know, of course, that the photos on MY cards are going to be The Kidz. So, without further ado:





And here's the card they suggest you can make from this kit, if you'd rather:



I'm quite pleased with how these turned out.




What do you think? Leave me a comment and let me know!

Happy Stampin!

No comments:

Post a Comment