Friday, January 18, 2013

I Must Be MAD!

Yesterday I stopped by one of the big box electronic stores to LOOK AT a new phone.

The one I have had for 2 years is a flip phone.  At the time I bought it, it was "the bomb".

Well, times change, things move forward, and I'm still sitting still, apparently!  Cuz everyone I know texts now - and let me tell you, texting with that flip phone (just number keypads, remember?) is HARD!

So, after asking a lot of questions about monthly plan costs and going into "sticker shock" over the past week, I finally decided I needed to be pulled KICKING AND SCREAMING ALL THE WAY into the 21st Century.

So, after I looked and talked to the sales clerk, who was VERY patient with me and another lady about my age who was there with her daughter and grandchildren, I came home to cogitate...

I know I'm going to need a new computer this year.  Mine is 7 years old, the RAM can't be upgraded, and I've started getting way too many error messages about this not working and that not working...  So, that's on my list for expenditures this year.  BUT, I'm hoping to get a rebate on my taxes, and have decided I'll just wait til then to get the computer.

In the meantime, though, the phone I have is just awful.  Drops calls, voice connections are always garbled, if I move, I lose my caller.  It's a "pay as you go" phone and was my first venture into cell phones.

I'm not a phone person!

Yes, I will call you back if you call me, but I really don't like making phone calls (sound familiar to any of you who are Stampin' Up! demonstrators?  Hee hee).

So, good ole "pay as you go" was for emergencies, and basically, I lost a lot of money on it, since you have to renew every three months.  At one point, I think I had $50 on it.  Then I discovered a way to add only $10.00 at a time, which suited my usage much better...

So, back to my venture to the big box electronics store ---  Yes, I went back and jumped in with BOTH FEET!  I bought an IPhone AND an IPad...

Of course, now I'm frazzled from trying to learn to use not one, but TWO new devices!  True, they're Apple products, which, to me, makes them a whole lot easier to learn to use, but they're still NEW TOYS to me, so I'm struggling...

I know, in about 6 months, I'll be very familiar with both of them.  But in the meantime, if you hear a lot of screaming, just know it's me, trying to use one or the other of them and getting totally frustrated!

One of these days I'll be telling you how much I LOVE both of them.  But not today...

Sigh...  OK - back to climbing the learning curve!

If you have tips you'd like to share, please leave me a comment!

Thanks for stopping by - come back soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment