Friday, January 4, 2013

One Card...

Here's one of the cards I've made a few of to swap at Leadership in Orlando next week.

I just fell in love with the pattern on the piece of DSP, and built my card around it. 

The DSP is from the new Print Poetry DSP Paper Stack in the Spring mini.  I've come to love these Paper Stacks (there was one in the Holiday mini, as well), because the paper is cut to 6-1/2 x 4-1/2.  I generally cut each piece in half and can then make TWO cards from one piece of DSP.

That makes the piece I'm using 3-1/4 x 4-1/2.  Just about the perfect size!  Of course, I always have to layer it with CS, but that's OK.  Got LOTS of that!  LOL

This time I used Gumball Green as the card base and picked Marina Mist from the DSP to use as my second layer.

I used the new set "Feel Goods" for my verse/saying and cut it using the Window Frames Framelits, then popped it up.

I cut the leaves from the Secret Garden Framelits after I stamped them in Gumball Green, which I also popped up.

It still needed SOMETHING, so I added a bow made from the Island Indigo ribbon that YOU will be able to get in the Sycamore Street Ribbon and Button Pack FREE during Sale-A-Bration...  Nice ribbon - ties nicely and seems to stay tied, which can be a problem with some ribbons - they're too slippery!

Then I added one of those WONDERFUL new flowers from the 3/8" Flower Trim - they're awesome!  I just cut one off the strand, added a mini glue dot and stuck in on the card beside the ribbon.

And finally, I stamped the butterfly from another SAB set (Bloomin' Marvelous) in Summer Starfruit and punched it out using the Bitty Butterfly punch (page 13 in the Spring mini).

Here it is again, so you don't have to scroll back up to the top to see it.

I get really bored making a lot of the same thing - MY WAY is to create each card anew - but then I've only got one of each and I'm pretty selfish - I don't want to give any of them away!

So, this year, I'm going to try to create TWO of the same thing each time.  That way, I have one for my very own, and I have one to give to someone when I need a card!

At any rate, because I get bored so easily, I've ended up making many different cards to take to swap at Leadership.  So are in the same vein (i.e., same base card but different embellishments), and others are the same, but in very limited numbers.

I'll share another the next time I post.

Thanks for stopping by - come back!




No comments:

Post a Comment