Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Pinks & Reds

There was a time when it simply was NOT acceptable to put pinks and reds together.

I remember, because when I was in eighth grade I found a very feminine suit that was a hot pink and red paisley pattern, and I'd never seen those two colors together before.

I just fell in love with that suit. I know most of the reason was the color combo - guess I was a rebel even back then!

It was very expensive at the time - but this suit I HAD to have, and so I put it on lay-away, (remember that?) and bought it.

I wore it all through high school and even into college. And then hemlines went back down, the suit was no longer "fashionable", because I couldn't lengthen the hem!

Who knows what might have happened to it. I wish I had it now - I would never fit into it, but I do have such fond memories of that outfit.

I'm so glad that's no longer true that you shouldn't put pinks and reds together, because I love them together - assuming they are the right shades of each one.

Here's what I've been playing with the past couple of evenings...



Real Red, Regal Rose, and Pretty In Pink CSs.

I've used the new Pinking Hearts border punch to make the "ribbon" on the left side of the card, and the Heart and butterfly embosslits to add dimension.

I've also used some of the Sending Love Specialty paper.









I used the same colors of CS for this card, and added Chocolate Chip to the mix.

This time I used the new Extra Large Two Step Bird punch, as well as the Heart embosslit.

I also used the Scallop Border punch on the Choc. Chip CS, then glued another ribbon onto that one. Isn't the punch beatiful?

And did you know? It's available as a Sale-A-Bration gift this year! WOO HOO!









And for this one, I used a different pattern from the Sending Love Specialty paper. It has GLITTER on it!

I am SO not a glitter fan, but this paper is beautiful - and the glitter doesn't seem to come off on my hands and end up on my face or in my eye.

I used all but the largest butterfly from that embosslit, as well as the heart embosslit, and the Window and Modern Label punches. The words are from Teeny Tiny Wishes.




I'm considering these three cards as candidates for a shoebox swap I'll be in at Leadership early next month. Would love some feedback - which one do you like best?

Leave me a comment and tell me what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment