Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Couple of Easel Cards

Hi Everyone

I'm still putzing with my One Sheet Wonder cards, but don't have any more ready to show yet - maybe tomorrow...

In the meantime, I thought I'd just post some photos of other items I've made recently. Hopefully, it'll help spark your creativity.

I find I sometimes have to look at another person's work in order to get my own mojo working - or I have to do something besides stamping, in order to get some new ideas to try with my stamps. There's something about this process that helps your own creativity get moving.


This card came about because of the OSWs I've been working on. The pieces were just sitting on the stamping table, and suddenly I knew they needed to GO together.








Below is an Easel Card. I saw the idea on someone's blog ( Sandi McGiver's?), which led me to Split Coast Stampers, where I got the pattern.


But it's a really easy pattern! Cut CS 4" x 8", score & fold at 4", then again at 2" from one end.

Then you'll need to cut another piece 4"x4", which you'll glue to the END fold of the card.






Here's the card from a different angle. Now can you understand why it's called an Easel Card? You prop the top of the card up against the layered piece on the INSIDE of the card, and it creates it's own easel! But it folds flat for mailing. Very clever idea!

And here it is opened, so you can see the folds.



I chose to use the Good Cheer set (# 115326) for my first attempt. The Santa and Reindeer piece fit the 4x4 size perfectly! And, besides, I'd just gotten the stamp set and it was CRYING to me to ink it up and use it! ha ha



Here's a Christmas card I made using this year's In colors.

It occurred to me that, although I really LIKE this year's In colors, I haven't been using them much, since starting down the Christmas path. So I challenged myself to make this card, using the Easel Card idea.



This is a different orientation for the Easel Card, but it still works.

I used the Level I Hostess set from the Holiday mini-catalog (did you notice there are TWO additional Hostess sets available in the mini-catalog?)

The set is titled Patterned Pines. I used Dusty Durango for the trees and popped them up with dimensionals. The star is stamped in Crushed Curry, the flower pieces in the corners are Rich Razzleberry, and the greeting was stamped in Bermuda Bay. The CS is Soft Suede.

Isn't it interesting how green it looks here? This CS does change colors somewhat, depending upon the other colors you've paired it with.

Here's a close up of the pieces I stamped, then cut out to create the "prop" for this card.









I want to remind you about my upcoming Christmas Stamp A Stack - Saturday, December 5th @ 10 AM and again Sunday, December 6th @ 1 PM Fee for the class is $25, and you'll make 12 cards - three each of four different designs.

Call or email today to reserve your spot!

Hope you saw something that sparked your creativity here tonight! Let me know what you think of my Christmas card done in the In colors - one friend looked at the card and turned up her nose. What do YOU think?

No comments:

Post a Comment