Saturday, June 4, 2011

Playful Polka Dots Simply Scrappin'




There's a Simply Scrappin' kit in the Summer mini-catalog.

I don't generally purchase these, mainly because I'm not much of a scrapbooker.

But this one was so bright and cheery, I decided to go for it.

And I'm glad I did.

First of all, I have NO plans to use this set for scrapbooking - just so you know...

I've elected to make cards using the elements in the kit.

The one you see up above (go ahead, scroll back up there and check it out!) was the first card I made.

I like it's simplicity. I think the occasion (I'm here for you...) calls for simple. If you truly mean that statement to someone, you don't need elaborate to make your point.

So, here's how I do a "group" of cards.

Select a Simply Scrappin (SS)kit.

Add 3 sheets each of all the colors the kit contains. Cut all three in half (8 -1/2 x 5-1/2), then take two of the pieces you just cut and cut them in half (4-1/4 x 5-1/2).

This gives you four pieces for card bases and 4 pieces you can use for layering, stamping on - whatever you want!

Drag out a bunch of punches and stamp sets that match or coordinate with the SS kit. There's always at least one stamp set.

There are also at least two different Designer Papers (DSP) included in a SS kit, as well as at least two different sheets of adhesive die cuts to adhere to your CS.

I found this time those two sheets of die cuts were set up so it was very easy for me to cut each of them in half. And included in this kit were some strips of designer papers cut in scallops or zig-zags - emulating several of our punches. Drag out the punches that match what's included in your kit.

So, you end up with a mess of "stuff" on your workbench working this way, but it sure challenges your creative juices!

Here's the pile of "stuff" I generated for use in creating the cards I'll show you below.



And I added a couple of sheets of flowers I decorated using the Floating Re-inker technique. Always fun to do, but when you do them, do extras - you'll be amazed at how quickly you start usig them. Heck they're all ready to cut out - might as well! LOL



I was able to EASILY come up with 12 different cards, using the items mentioned above.

But I've rattled on for a LONG TIME tonight, so I'll show these to you in my next post!

I know - big tease, huh?

Well, come back so you can see the cards I created using the supplies spelled out above.

In the meantime, give this techinique a try - and post a link to your ideas in the Comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment