Wednesday, June 1, 2011

3 x 3


How about this?

Clever, isn't it?

I can't take credit for this idea - I saw it on someone's blog about a month ago, and immediately tried it.

With the same punch as had been used on the blog...

And then I showed it at my Stamp Club this past month, and wouldn't you know it, THEY decided to try it with our other edge punches!

Oh -

You want to know the idea?

OF COURSE ! Silly me...

OK - take a piece of cardstock and cut it into a 3" x 3" piece.

Then take an edge punch, center it in the 3 x 3 piece and punch away!

Then turn it 90 degrees and punch again, then turn another 90 degrees and punch again - continue until you've worked all the way around.

The one above was made using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (Item 119275). Go ahead - scroll back up there and study it a bit. It's clever!

And here's what you'll end up with when you use the Pinking Hearts Border punch (Item 117649):



And when you use the Scallop Trim Border (Item 118870).


This one's interesting because your pattern ends up on the outside, instead of creating a "floating island" of CS inside, as the other two did.



Here's the Eyelet Border punch (Item 119853).

Wanna see how I've used some of them?

Ok, here ya go...


I've mounted most of them using dimensionals - they just seem to scream to be adhered that way - it gives you a better glimpse of the CS behind it, too.

Here are a few more...











and a couple more...












As you can see, I've used these on a number of different card groups.

I tend to create in "groups".

These last two were done in my last group - I haven't even mentioned it to you yet, so you're getting a sneak peek!

Turned out to be a very fun group to play with. Stay tuned and I'll share the adventure with you soon!

In the meantime, play around and see what YOU can come up with! And then post a comment with a link, so we can all see!

Thanks for stopping by - come back soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment