Monday, June 20, 2011

6-4-10 - and I'm Sad

I held a 6-4-10 on Saturday afternoon and I think the ladies had a great time.

What's a 6-4-10, you ask?

Well, each person who attended made 6 cards for $10. (6-4-10)

And why am I sad, you ask?

Because all these stamp sets are being retired, and I won't be able to play with them and show you my ideas with them after June 30th!

That doesn't mean YOU can't play with them, though, so if you see something you'd like to order, contact me immediately, please!


My goal was to get their grubby little paws on some of the stamp sets and accessories that are being retired come June 30th.

If they already had the set, they were getting a new idea for its use. If they didn't, maybe they'd think about ordering it.

Wanna see the cards they made?

Alrighty, then, here ya go...



This one was made using the retiring Level II Hostess set "Fast and Fabulous", as well as some words from the "Hope Happens" set.

I'm going to miss that set - the words in that one are so positive and can be used for just about any occasion.





This card uses Cardinal Christmas, another one of my favorite sets that's retiring. I used the Holly Jolly DSP (also retiring) for this one.

I love cardinals, and I'm going to miss this set, come Christmas.

I grew up in PA where there ARE cardinals and we used to have a bird feeder right outside the big kitchen windows so we could watch for them.





ANOTHER one of my favorite sets being retired is "A Sense of Time". That clock face is so versatile. And the gear and cog stamp that's in the set is so masculine you can add it to almost anything else masculine and it works!





This card used the branch from the "Eastern Blooms" set. It's another excellent generic set that can be used for just about any occasion.

Here I used some of the Elegant Soiree DSP - I liked the color combination of Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, and Ivory cardstocks.

The Spiral Border punch I used on this card is also being discontinued. Sigh... It, too, was a great generic tool.





Loved this card - it's so bright and cheery!

I used the "Pun Fun" stamp set and the Love Letters DSP to create it. I also used another stamp in the inside of the card (Grateful for you), but I didn't remember to take a photo of it.

And finally, an Easel Card.



Here's the outside of the card. I used the "Dreams du Jour" set, and some of the current "In" colors in the Sunny Garden DSP (Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait, Pear Pizazz).

And here's the "easel" part



I stamped, sponged and cut out two of the butterfly stamp from this set. They're what is propping the card open.

Did you see anything that inspires you? Do you have the stamp set? If not, and you'd like it, send me an email along with your address and phone number, and I'd be happy to order it for you! Remember, all the sets used in these cards (and most of the accessories and punches I used) will be GONE, GONE, GONE come June 30th!

Thanks for stopping by - come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment