Sunday, June 5, 2011

Playful Polka Dots Simply Scrappin' - Part Deux

OK, so I teased you at the end of my last post. I was falling asleep, sitting here at the computer, and just had to sign off! Sorry...

But I'll make it up to you today.

I have LOTS of cards to share with you from my "group" stamping.

(Wish I could think of a catchier title for this process - something with ZING! would be good. Got any suggestions? Leave me a Comment!)

Anyhoo...

I started with the piece parts from the Playful Polka Dots Simply Scrappin' kit.

Remember?












The colors I used were Rose Red, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, and Old Olive. They work really well together!

I folded CS and just started looking at the elements on the die adhesive sheets from the kit and created!

Here are some of the cards I made...

For this card, I used one of the 3x3 pieces I mentioned in my post here.

I also ran the card front through the polka dots embossing folder, and cut a strip of the DSP from the kit for the color.





For this one I used another 3x3 piece, and then layered on some of those awesome Floating Re-inker flowers, and added a verse from On Your Birthday (Item 111664).







I had an already cut 4 inch square scallop piece in my UFO tub, and it was the right color! So I started with that and moved on from there. Again, I used a piece of the SS kit's DSP for the color on the card, then added a couple of items punched with the Designer label punches.





This one uses the other piece of DSP from the kit as well as one of the adhesive ribbon strips. The flowers (there are two, layered) also from the kit.

I used the Designer label punch again - once in white, where I stamped my image, and another time in Old Olive, which provides the background color.

I punched the Old Olive twice, then cut each one in half (one vertically, the other horizontally) and layered them behind the white piece.

And, finally, for tonight (I'm falling asleep again!)...


This card also contains mostly die cut adhesives from the elements of the Kit.

Background DSP, another scalloped square (think this one is a 3x3), which I ran through the polka dot embossing folder, the adhered a die cut flower and some pearls on top.

The little pennant is also a piece from the kit - I just stamped the Happy Birthday and used the window punch on it, then glued it on to the pennant piece.

Like what you see? Like the ideas?

Well, then, come back again soon!

Thanks for stopping by...

No comments:

Post a Comment