Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Riot of Petals (redux)


Remember the Riot of Petals I showed you about a year ago? No?

Well, it's back!

Lookie!

Aren't they beautiful? Japanese Irises. And those flowers last a WHOLE DAY!

So, I take photos when I can, because I haven't figured out their schedule!



And a little while ago, I promised to show you the graduation cards I'd made for my niece-in-law (she graduated from U. of Illionois on 5/15) and HER daughter, who graduates from high school this coming weekend.

So, here they are. The first is the one I made for Maggie:

I know she's received it, because she called the other day to thank me for it.

I used the new Textured Impressions (119976 $7.95) embossing folder from the Summer mini as the background.

For the main image, I used the Watercolor Trio set, also from the Summer mini (117050 $ 22.95 - wood mount and 120084 $16.95 - clear mount).

I colored directly on the stamp with my markers to get this effect. I was actually able to spritz it with water and get several more images before having to re-ink it. Great technique!

And that wonderful scallop punch that was featured in the Occasions mini was used for the top and bottom features.

And guess what! IT'S STILL AVAILABLE! Woo hoo! Want it? CALL ME! I'd be happy to order it for you!

And here's the graduation card I made for Kaitlyn. I'm hoping she's already received it, but don't know that for sure.

I used the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder (115964 $7.95) for hers. I do SO love those embossing folders! They add a lot of class to a card and are SO easy to use!

I used my daubers and colored just the flowers, stems, and leaves.

And then I used the Happy Grad single stamp from the summer mini. Item 117006, $8.95

I like what the stamp says - think it's very appropriate for any graduate. "Happy Graduation Make a Difference - Live the Dream - Relish the Adventure - Conquer the Unknown - Make Your Mark - Stand Strong" Great thoughts for someone who is about to embark into the unknown...

Here's another graduation card I made, but don't have anyone in mind to give it to just yet.

Again, I used an embossing folder for the background and added another piece stamped with the Watercolor Trio set and edged it with the Scallop Punch.

For this one, I added a strip of the Melon Mambo polka dot ribbon, as well.

And the "Happy Graduation" is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set from the big catalog.

I faked the brads on the greeting by coloring it with a black marker and then applying a little Crystal Effects.


The other night all the Kidz were in the kitchen waiting for me to give them their treats. I seldom get a photo where all three are together AND sitting somewhat still, so let me share!

That's Melie on the top step of the step stool, Velvet on the short step stool, and Mudge on the floor.

Melie usually isn't interested in the treats, unfortunately, but this evening he wanted to be front and center!





So, do you have graduations coming up? Why not call and order the single graduation stamp? It's a small investment and could be used many times. You saw one idea I used it for, but I could come up with lots more!

As a matter of fact, I just found out today that one of the barristas at my Starbucks will be graduating from UCSD this weekend, so I'll need to make a masculine version of a graduation card using it as well. I'll try to remember to post it once I've completed it.

And I'm thinking about putting a Starbucks gift card inside it - LOL

Call me for your stampin' needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment