Thursday, May 20, 2010

Card Template #2

Here's the second card template we made in stamp club this month.

I realize it's difficult to see, so let me describe it for you.

It's a 5-1/2 x 4-1/2 card that's got a center layer piece cut to 3-1/2 x 2-1/2.

There are two smaller pieces 2-1/2 x 1/2 inch toward the top and the bottom of the card.

A VERY simple card, don't you think?




Here's the same orientation sample I made.

I used the bear from the Teddy and Train (115219 $17.95) set as my main image.

I also used the rattle from the set in tone on tone to create a background for the card, then added two pieces of Brilliant Blue CS as accent pieces.

A VERY simple card.

I used the burnishing technique on the bear, and then colored in his hand and foot pads with a marker. His bow was colored with a marker, as well.




This is the other orientation for this template.

I used a stamp from the Elements of Style set as the main image as background (Dusty Durango). And then stamped another stamp from the same set in tone on tone. In this instance, it's Crushed Curry.

It's a nice subtle look, and easily done.

I started with a larger center piece, but after using the Pinking Hearts punch (YES! it, too, is still available! 117649, $15.95), it was smaller than I would have liked.

So, I just stamped my greeting on a piece of Dusty Durango CS (matching the ink color of the main image), punched it out with an oval punch, then layered that on to a piece of white CS punch with the scallop punch.

Added a couple of pieces of Dusty Durango DSP and the card was finished!

Come back tomorrow to see the third, and final (for now!) card template.

No comments:

Post a Comment