Friday, May 21, 2010

Card Template # 3

Here's the third card template we made in Stamp Club this month.

I wanted something that used a shape other than rectangles. I'll be honest - I'm not a huge fan of circles.

Can't tell you why, I'm just not.

BUT, circles are certainly different than rectangles, so here's the third template.

It, too, is difficult to see, but has a 3/4 x 5-1/2 strip along the top, three circles equally spaced on top of the 3-1/2 by 2-1/2 center piece.

On top of the card base, there's also a piece that's 5-1/2 x 2.



The sample I made shows it so much better, don't you think?

I used a piece of Old Olive I'd run thru an embossing folder for the top piece.

The bottom piece is from the Island Oasis DSP in the Summer mini (117173 $9.95).

The card base is So Saffron, the saying from On Your Birthday (111664 $33.95), layered on to Old Olive again. The flowers are from the Tropical Party set (Summer mini 118515 $17.95), punched out with the 1-1/4 inch punch.

This is a very bright and cheery card and is rather generic, so could be used for anyone.

I hope I've inspired YOU to try to make up some card templates! They're so handy when your creative juices aren't flowing, but you need to make a card or two.

You're copying - but from yourself! How cool is that?

Happy stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment