Friday, January 29, 2010

So the sun's finally shining here in lovely SOCAL - it sounds as though things aren't as nice in other areas of our country, though. I'm sorry, guys - like I tell The Kidz, it's outta my control. All we can do is deal with it...

Speaking of deals, here's one for all of you...

Until the end of February, for every I {Heart} Hearts stamp set sold, Stampin' Up! will donate $2.00 to the Red Cross for relief in Haiti!

I think that's awesome! You get the pleasure of some new Valentine's stamps, and Haiti receives more money for them to use to rebuild. It sounds like it's going to be a long haul for those folks. But the good news is that as of yesterday, they're still finding survivors! Unbelievable, but wonderful!

I have a clip of the stamp set, but haven't been able to figure out how to post it to my blog. So, you'll have to go to page 14 in the Occasions mini-catalog to see it. You can follow a link on the left sidebar of my blog.

The set costs $26.95 in wood mount, and $18.95 in clear mount.

Let me know when you're ready to order!

I'm continuing to make cards to send to my downline - last night I made this one.

I used a design sketch I found on Tammy Fite's blog, and created my own take on it.

Ran the So Saffron thru the Polka Dot embossing folder.

Used some of the paper from the Welcome Neighbor DSP Pad from the Sale-A-Bration catalog.

Then I stamped a tree from Trendy Trees on a scrap of Whisper White, (since those same trees are in the DSP) and backed it with Pumpkin Pie, as I did the DSP. Mounted it on some Old Olive.

I added a paper reinforcer made from Saffron to the Olive, just to give it a bit more color, then ran some Pumpkin grosgrain ribbon through it to turn it into a tag.

I haven't looked at design sketches in quite some time and decided I need to challenge myself more, just so I can step up my own cards.

Do you ever do that?

Challenge yourself to work beyond your comfort zone when playing with your stamps and papers?

Try it! You might surprise yourself!

It could turn out really great, or only so-so - but you'll never know til you try...
=====

The grass (well, OK, weeds) in my backyard is turning green and The Kidz and I were hanging out there tonight. I had a blast watching Melie playing in the flower bed. He loves to hide under the California poppies, hoping Smudge will wander by and he can attack.



Here he is, just sitting, looking so handsome!







Here he is, lurking - trying to be a flat cat, so Smudge (who isn't anywhere near him at this point!) can't see him...







And here he is, looking out at Smudge- contemplating attack.





A little later, the two of them went to their separate corners. Here's Melie











Here's Smudge - sitting on one of her favorite perches, right under "the Bird Tree"! She spends a lot of time in that area of the yard...












And Velvet just sits and watches the show every evening, from one of her many favorite viewing spots.









Thanks for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment