Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Say Yes to the Dress

I've been having an absolute BLAST playing paper dolls with the new dress form framelit!

I'd seen a couple of posts on others' blogs and got out my framelit and and a LOT of DSP and started cutting!

And then I started decorating!  It was so addicting!!!

Look!






Here's my first piece of art!  Found the frame at a big box store on sale for $5.  I didn't even take whatever was in it out - I just layered my art over top.  Guess I COULD have taken off the corner protectors before I snapped the photo, though, huh?






Here's a close up of several of the dresses.

Decorating them was SUCH FUN!  I used narrow ribbon, the new Delicate Details Lace Tape as an apron on one, and one of the doilies as an apron on another, added one of our wonderful new lace flowers on another, and a piece of the Embellishments kits to another.  There are just TONS of possibilities, once you get started with all of our embellishments!



I put these dresses up on a pedestal!  The holders were really easy to make - a spool, a small wooden block and a piece of CS cut using the dual square die.  Then I glued a skewer to the back of the decorated dress form, and VOILA!  We have a dress display!





Here's a close up of my pedestal.  It's really quite small, but I didn't think to put something into the picture to give you some sense of size.  Well, yes, I did - that square scallop is 2 inches square.

Next post I'll show you what my stamp club ladies did with the dress framelits - these ladies are AMAZING!







Thanks for stopping by - come back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment