Friday, March 29, 2013

It's Spring!

I've been a little under the weather for the past week...  Not sure if it's "the flu" or allergies, but whatever, I have spent almost NO time outside - and the weather has been beautiful!

The other day, I happened to go outside for some reason and look what I found!



Aren't they beautiful?  Cymbidium orchids! 

I have several - they tend to do really well on my patio, and if something does well (i.e. thrives from neglect!), then I tend to gather more of them.

And why not?  Why would I NOT have more of these if they're very little work for the beautiful output!

Here's another view:



This shows their colors a little better...

I also have a lot of California poppies blooming right now, along with some roses and some geraniums...  Those California poppies have planted themselves all through my "yard" (which is 99.9% WEEDS!) and I need to mow those weeds down - but in doing that, I'll also be mowing down the CA poppies - what a dilemma!

I have transplanted quite a few back into the flower bed, and I've given quite a few that I dug out of the yard away, but I've still got TONS of them!  I LOVE IT!

When I first planted that flower bed about 20 years ago, I struggled to get the CA poppies to grow - I laugh now when I think of that.  No problem these days!

Hope you've got spring where you live - has to be one of my favorite seasons!

I'm supposed to get my new This N That Smash book kit tomorrow - can't WAIT to play!  Once I get a little bit going in it, I'll post some pictures!

Have you thought about purchasing this kit?  It's a Sneak Peek from the new catalog, which will be released to you June 1st.  Want to get something from it sooner? 

Contact me if you do!  Maybe we can compare photos of the progress we've made with our This N That Smash book kits...

Thanks for stopping by - come back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment