Saturday, December 29, 2012

And The Winnah IS...

Isn't it pretty?

I thought so - that's why I chose this gift over the Christmas stocking I showed you last time...

It was made using a 3" styrofoam base, covered with some of our current ribbons.

I cut the ribbon into 1" pieces, doubled them, then pinned them to the base using VERY short little straight pins.

It takes quite a bit of time to make - and it took even longer because Melie decided I needed help!  LOL  Yep, that cat sure does love ribbon!

I'd made a couple of these about 4 years ago - one was made using DSP that we carried at the time...






Here's a close up of how I made it, in hopes you can get a better feel for how I did it.




And here's the one I made using ribbons current at that time.




For this year's version...




...I purchased a 3 " styrofoam cone, a 3-1/2" wooden base, and a napkin ring.  I painted the wooden items with green acrylic paint.  I cut the tree skirt using red felt and our 3" circle die - it was a PERFECT fit!  Then I decorated the skirt using glitter glass.  I also sprayed the tree with adhesive and sprinkled our very fine gold glitter all over it.

I was very pleased with the outcome!

Need more info?  Contact me and I'll be happy to share with you!

Thanks for stopping by - come back again soon...




No comments:

Post a Comment