Friday, December 21, 2012

The Forgotten Christmas Gift

I mentioned a couple of posts ago that early in December I'd attended our annual Christmas luncheon with a few other demonstrators.

We exchange gifts that have been made using something from Stampin' Up!

The gift can begin by being something purchased inexpensively, but which we've personalized with SU "stuff".

Sometimes I get an idea for this year's gift early in the year and then just hug it to my heart until it's time to get crackin' on getting it done.

Sometimes, like this year, I wait til the last minute (that's my middle name, by the way - Last Minute Lulu!).  So I made a trip to that big craft store, looking for ideas...  I always want it to be something I haven't seen any of the other demonstrators using or sharing.

And while there, I purchased materials to make not one, but TWO, items.  I decided I'm make them both and which ever one I liked the best (i.e., the one I messed up the least!  LOL) would be the one I used for the gift exchange.

Well, I'm not going to show you THAT one today - nope, I'm going to share the forgotten gift.

So whaddya think?





OH!  You want to see what it is, and what I did to it?


OK - let's try this one...




That's better - now you can see it's a Christmas stocking that I decorated, using the Big Shot and the Tasteful Trim Bigz XL die.

I cut the rickrack (and everything else I used on the stocking) in felt.  I did have to piece the rickrack in order to get it all the way around the top of the stocking.

Here are a few close ups of other items I used to decorate the stocking.



I used the ornaments Framelit to cut the two pieces on the left.  I used the Scentsational framelits for the candy cane.

I added rhinestones and the clear Dazzling Details to add some sparkle to the ornaments and then used the silver pen from the Holiday mini as well as Dazzling Details on the candy cane.





For the green ornament I added pearls and used the Red Dazzling Diamonds.  The gingerbread man has buttons made from retired sparkly brads (can't think of the exact name - but if you bought some, I'll bet you have some hanging around somewhere!).  His eyes are Dazzling Diamonds.

The Christmas tree was quite a challenge!  I used the retired sparkly brads again, as well as a couple of glitter brads, then went over it with the red Dazzling Diamonds.


Another gingerbread man - decorated the same way.  And finally the cup of cocoa that I decorated with the red Dazzling Diamonds...

The whole thing came out really cute! 

So why was it the Forgotten Gift? 

Well, it just wasn't as unique to me as the one I actually took for the gift exchange!

I'll share that with you another day...

Thanks for stopping by - come back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment