Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Twist & SHOUT!


Isn't this purdy?!!

This is a new concept in gift card holders for me, and this is the first one I made after viewing a video on how to make it.  I THINK it was on Sandi MacIver's blog.

Anyway, I thought it was VERY unique, so I made the one above using Primrose Petals CS, some DSP from Be Of Good Cheer (two different patterns) and the winter boot from the Bootiful Occasions stamp set.

And then I went ON making them!


This one started with Cherry Cobbler CS (don't you just LOVE that color?!!?).  I embellished with the Champagne Glimmer paper, punched with the Scallop Trim Border punch.  Then I cut one of the doilies from the Sizzlet die Delicate Doilies, cut a piece of the Be Of Good Cheer DSP with the 2-3/8" scallop punch.  Another, smaller, scallop punched out of Champagne Glimmer Paper topped those two items.  Next I added one of the Faceted Vintage Designer Buttons, a pearl, and a smidge of the Cherry Cobbler tulle.

After I took this photo, I realized there was no "To/From" tag in it, so I used the words from Chock-Full of Cheer, stamped on Whisper White CS, punched a hole in the end and tied a piece of the Cherry Cobbler Sweater Trim ribbon to the tag.  This one's the fanciest one I made.






I really like the one with the snowman on it.  I cut out the little trees from the Stylin' Snowfolk set.  The snowman himself came from the Snow Much Fun set.  Then I tore some white CS to look like snow drifts, attached them to the front of the gift card holder, added some "snow" (glitter) with the 2-way glue pen and maybe a little white Shimmer Paint.

BRIEF DIRECTIONS:
This gift card holder is SO EASY!  Cut your CS to 4-1/4" x 10-1/8".  Score from top RIGHT to bottom LEFT;  fold, place the flat side on your Scoring Tool and score at 5-1/2".  Fold and decorate to suit!  The gift card itself goes on the inside, so don't forget to decorate the inside as well!

And believe it or not, it fits into a regular card envelope.

I thought these were so unique, I just HAD to make some!

Need better (or more detailed) directions?  Contact me and I'll be happy to supply them to you.  And remember, this doesn't just HAVE to be for Christmas!  I can see these for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day - whatever!  It all depends on your choices of CS, DSP and embellishments!

Already made a few of these?  Won't you share YOURS with me?  Just leave me a comment along with the link to yours!

Thanks for stopping by - come back again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sam!
    Great to see you on here more. I just learned how to make these on a recent visit to NZ. Aren't they a good idea for a gift card. I have a few of those this year so will be whipping up some more!
    Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete