Wednesday, September 16, 2009

How About Some More Halloween?

I know it's been a week since I posted. I've been busy farmin'! tee hee And I'm doin' alright with it, too!

Seriously, I did go to my upline's annual demonstrator event in St. George, UT over this past weekend, so I do have a kind of valid excuse for not posting.



How about some more Halloween ideas? I got quite a few when I swapped with other demonstrators over the weekend. Unfortunately, many of the swap cards I got did not have people's names on them, so I can't give credit, but I did want to share them with you.

So, without further ado...

This idea is SOOO CUTE! It won the Over The Top award at the event.


This gal took the scallop oval punch, along with Pumpkin Pie designer papers, and made these very cute little pumpkins.

I might have my stamp club members make these at their club meeting this month.










Here's a cute idea using the Build-A-Bear and it's matching pumpkin outfit.


The person who made this added some stamping to the outfit, and it really makes a difference.

Details - always the details - that's what makes a good card a GREAT card.











And here's an invitation that uses the Big Shot scallop die.


Notice that it's a fold-over card.


I like the added ribbons on the left side. Again, details...







And this one is in the vein of good old fashioned Halloween.

Kinda scary - sort of El Dia de los Muertos looking.

For those not familiar with El Dia de los Muertos, it's an Hispanic celebration. Literally means Day of the Dead.

To them, the holiday focuses on gatherings of family and friends to pray for and remember friends and family who have died.

It's held on November 2nd, in conjunction with the Catholic holiday All Saint's Day, which occurs on November 1st, and All Soul's Day, which occurs on November 2nd.

I have quite a few more card samples to share with you, but I'm going to space them out so you'll get new ideas up til Halloween.

What's that? Where are the cat photos? Oh yeah, those guys... Well, OK then. Here you are. One from the archives...















Happy stampin' everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment